DCS Su-30MK MOD

5 hours ago, ВитаLiy said:

Am I the only one who doesn't have radio communication? Airfield frequencies have been set. The radio menu is called up, but I cannot contact the flight boss.

you set correctly you shound't have problem, but you have to know that radio work only when engine on, when of you can just call ground crew for rearm and repaire

MOD Logo - 100.png

17 часов назад, freebirddz сказал:

you set correctly you shound't have problem, but you have to know that radio work only when engine on, when of you can just call ground crew for rearm and repaire

Unpretentious. Your work is great. However, Even when the engine is on, I cannot contact the flight boss. In addition, I spawn with the engine running, permission to taxi and take off is granted late, and during the flight I never received permission to return to base. There is only one Su-30 in the mission and the radio is set to default (i.e. 124 MHz) and not tuned to the airfield frequency. It works "almost" correctly, but not quite right. Communication with ground crew is carried out without problems.

Edited by ВитаLiy

1 hour ago, ВитаLiy said:

Unpretentious. Your work is great. However, Even when the engine is on, I cannot contact the flight boss. In addition, I spawn with the engine running, permission to taxi and take off is granted late, and during the flight I never received permission to return to base. There is only one Su-30 in the mission and the radio is set to default (i.e. 124 MHz) and not tuned to the airfield frequency. It works "almost" correctly, but not quite right. Communication with ground crew is carried out without problems.

You need to let IA as it is then change Su30 radio freq manually, you can also use RShift for Com1 or RCTRL for come 2  is the normal com don't work !, IA communication is buggy right now we are working to find possible solution !

Thank you

• Like 1

MOD Logo - 100.png

1 час назад, freebirddz сказал:

You need to let IA as it is then change Su30 radio freq manually, you can also use RShift for Com1 or RCTRL for come 2  is the normal com don't work !, IA communication is buggy right now we are working to find possible solution !

Thank you

Thank you. I'm sure you will win. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Radio communication with AI Wing Man

• In order to Comm with AI Wingman to Work you need to Add "Perform Command / Set Frequency" in Mission Editor to a Package.
  • The freq Will be the default one to communicate with IA, any time you want to talk to IA you need to set it in Radio.

radiobug.png

MOD Logo - 100.png

Hi may be something wrong with me. Can't fire with "Overide" (i.e Brahmos), no "LA" on HUD. POD APK9 on Su-30 MKI or SM and mod A/G on, weapon selected.

Edited by Voolpy

56 minutes ago, Voolpy said:

Hi may be something wrong with me. Can't fire with "Overide" (i.e Brahmos), no "LA" on HUD. POD APK9 on Su-30 MKI or SM and mod A/G on, weapon selected.

AG weapons work well with AG variants.

MOD Logo - 100.png

• 2 weeks later...

Another great update. Thank you very much for this!    

I tried some maneuvers and since the rudder is still not connected to the control stick, a lot of foot correction is required. For example, I cannot do a loaded roll as I can on other FBW aircraft, including the Sukhoi family. 

Can you implement this in the future?

Great update but the pilot seat position for VR seems not to be fixed!

In the previous release, I was able to modify the Views_SM.lua file and get the correct seat position that I wanted, but now putting the same numbers no longer work! What happened and how can I resolve this issue? This is definitely a simple fix and don't know why it was not addressed in this release!

[14] = {--default view - VR
        viewAngle        = 60.000000,--FOV
        viewAngleVertical= 0.000000,--VFOV
        hAngle            = 0.000000,
        vAngle            = 0.000000,
        x_trans            = -0.04000,   <<<<<<<<<
        y_trans            = 0.015000,   <<<<<<<<<
        z_trans            = 0.000000,
        rollAngle        = 0.000000,
        cockpit_version    = 0,

Thanks.

Edit: Solved. There are two instances of "[14] = {--default view - VR " in the file and once I changed both of them, then the pilot seat position got fixed. Still, ideally this issue should have been addressed in this release.

Edited by Shahriar0
  • Thanks 1

It may be that flight model has become too sensitive in 2.7.50 release. This shows itself in Air-to-Air refueling. Up until 2.7.43 release of this mod, I could tank rather easily but all of a sudden, plane pitches up and down constantly behind the tanker despite being trimmed and softly handled. Just to make sure it is not me, I went and did some tanking with Su-33, Tomcat and all was fine. I came back to Su-30 and again, drogue is going up and down constantly without any direct input on pitch from me. This leads me to believe that perhaps the flight model of the plane that has become too sensitive (or too good depending on how one sees it.) I generally don't mind a good challenge as long as it is realistic, so I would like to hear from others and get their experience regarding aerial tanking.

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, Shahriar0 said:

It may be that flight model has become too sensitive in 2.7.50 release. This shows itself in Air-to-Air refueling. Up until 2.7.43 release of this mod, I could tank rather easily but all of a sudden, plane pitches up and down constantly behind the tanker despite being trimmed and softly handled. Just to make sure it is not me, I went and did some tanking with Su-33, Tomcat and all was fine. I came back to Su-30 and again, drogue is going up and down constantly without any direct input on pitch from me. This leads me to believe that perhaps the flight model of the plane that has become too sensitive (or too good depending on how one sees it.) I generally don't mind a good challenge as long as it is realistic, so I would like to hear from others and get their experience regarding aerial tanking.

Thanks!

Hi, for more Air refueling stable flight you can use the FCS Refuel Mode.null

image.png

• Like 1

MOD Logo - 100.png

30 minutes ago, freebirddz said:

Hi, for more Air refueling stable flight you can use the FCS Refuel Mode.null

image.png

Thanks for the prompt reply (as usual).

I tried all three modes (On, Off, and Auto) and only in Auto the plane seemed a little more stable, but still could not connect! I usually connect in first or second try but today I just struggled to connect to basket despite my many attempts. I am not sure I have a twitchy hand today so I would like to see what other fellow simmers experience with AAR. Hope they chime in and let us know.

My question is was this modeled before in earlier releases or not? Again, I never had any issue tanking with Su-30 before and now it's become a struggle.

Thanks,

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shahriar0 said:

Thanks for the prompt reply (as usual).

I tried all three modes (On, Off, and Auto) and only in Auto the plane seemed a little more stable, but still could not connect! I usually connect in first or second try but today I just struggled to connect to basket despite my many attempts. I am not sure I have a twitchy hand today so I would like to see what other fellow simmers experience with AAR. Hope they chime in and let us know.

My question is was this modeled before in earlier releases or not? Again, I never had any issue tanking with Su-30 before and now it's become a struggle.

Thanks,

this version of EFM should be more stable with turbulence I could refuel several time even without auto pilot (FCS air refueling mode), then past one, we work to make it more comfortable as we update FBW system.

Edited by freebirddz
  • Like 3

MOD Logo - 100.png

Hi all. Possible confict with gripen?

I dont see any radar missiles and AG missiles in the plane. Are there any confict with other mods?. Any possible solutions. (I dont have su35 mod) 

Edited by impreza

On 2/16/2024 at 5:43 PM, freebirddz said:

this version of EFM should be more stable with turbulence I could refuel several time even without auto pilot (FCS air refueling mode), then past one, we work to make it more comfortable as we update FBW system.

After a couple of days of trying this further, I've gotten better but in my opinion, flight model is not as much stable behind the tanker. Further back, plane is more stable but as I approach the tanker the oscillation due to turbulence increases and the basket just keeps going up and down with minimal or no input to throttle/pitch on my part. Connecting to basket has become a skill to time my slow approach to its up/down movement. I tank relatively easy with F-16, F-14, Su-33, etc. but at this point Su-30 is the only mod it's giving a challenge. Maybe it is a mental thing but maybe not. Good to know you can tank easily but I would like to hear from other folks as well on how they do.

Regardless, I absolutely love this mod and fly with it frequently. Thanks for all the hard work and your continuing work on the FBW system to make it even more accurate. Already waiting for Su-35S when your work on this mod concludes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shahriar0 said:

After a couple of days of trying this further, I've gotten better but in my opinion, flight model is not as much stable behind the tanker. Further back, plane is more stable but as I approach the tanker the oscillation due to turbulence increases and the basket just keeps going up and down with minimal or no input to throttle/pitch on my part. Connecting to basket has become a skill to time my slow approach to its up/down movement. I tank relatively easy with F-16, F-14, Su-33, etc. but at this point Su-30 is the only mod it's giving a challenge. Maybe it is a mental thing but maybe not. Good to know you can tank easily but I would like to hear from other folks as well on how they do.

Regardless, I absolutely love this mod and fly with it frequently. Thanks for all the hard work and your continuing work on the FBW system to make it even more accurate. Already waiting for Su-35S when your work on this mod concludes.

you right, for actual time we can't figure-out how to deal with turbulence without autopilot, there is an fligh Mode to activated when air refueling to have more stability, until we can get over the turbulence problem, it's even same when very close formation or behind any big engine.

Try the air refeuling Mode, by defaut it's auto you have just to extend fuel prob.

On 2/17/2024 at 2:42 PM, impreza said:

Hi all. Possible confict with gripen?

I dont see any radar missiles and AG missiles in the plane. Are there any confict with other mods?. Any possible solutions. (I dont have su35 mod) 

it's internal code issue, fix in progress

• Like 3

MOD Logo - 100.png

12 hours ago, Shahriar0 said:

Not sure the issue of headless pilot has been reported or not, but I noticed pilot's head in the mirror keeps disappearing and reappearing. I took this screenshot from outside to show. It's a bit freaky.

Screen_240218_172526.png

there are some argument value in the livery lua file maybe some arg need adjustment

MOD Logo - 100.png

On 2/19/2024 at 5:59 AM, freebirddz said:

there are some argument value in the livery lua file maybe some arg need adjustment

The livery for this SM variant has the following arguments:

[619] = 0.5 , -- 0=Mk , 0.5=SM, 1=MKM
   [620] = 0.05, -- 0.05=SM , 0.05-0.15=MKI , 0.15=MKA
   [622] = 0.0, -- >0.5 Show

Comparing to the arguments for one of the default SM liveries show small difference:

[619] = 0.5,-- 0=Mk , 0.5=SM, 1=MKM
   [620] = 0.02, -- 0.05=SM , 0.05-0.15=MKI , 0.15=MKA  <<<<<
   [622] = 0.0, -- >0.5 Show

I will change the second line to 0.02 and see whether that makes a difference or not. Just to add that the pilot's head is not missing all the time. In fact, in many flights that I have had with this mod, I only noticed once that the head was disappearing and reappearing continuously.

Edit: After several flights, the pilot head remains present over the body 🙂 Hopefully problem is solved. Having said that, the notation clearly says "0.05=SM" so the value of 0.05 used was not incorrect.

Edited by Shahriar0
  • Like 1