Joystick Diagrams - Automated DCS Joystick diagrams

rexehuk

On 10/28/2020 at 8:16 PM, BusterBust said:

For the life of me i cannot point the program to any directory that satisfies the program....I am only running openbeta. I have pointed it to my saved games folder and only selected the DCS.openbeta folder and i just keep getting the same error: Error: [WinError 267] The directory name is invalid: 'C:/Users/*****/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta\\Config\\Input\\aircraft.lua'. I have tried it with changing the DCS.openbeta folder name to DCS World...but i still get invalid directory error and a couple of other tricks to keep getting invalid directory error. Im out of ideas.

Any help or hints appreciated.

I have the exact same issue.  I can't fix this either, no matter what I try.

(I'm not on Discord)

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Getting same issue here, this looks like a great idea but i cant get it configured. 

1. I run joystick diagrams.exe

2. click on the DCS World tab, press Select My Installation.

3. I navigate to UserName > Saved Games > DCS.openbeta, click on DCS.openbeta folder

4. Click 'Use Folder'

5. I see Error: [WinError 267] The directory name is invalid: 'C:/Users/username/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta\\Config\\Input\\disabled.lua'

What now?

Hmm, looking back over this thread, 2 other people had the same issue, and the author didn't seem to be able to offer a solution. Not looking good!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

A workround is offered on thier Discord, you have to go into saved games/dcs/config/input and delete the 'disabled.lua' file in there, then it works for me.

The disabled.lua tells dcs if there are any attached controllers you want to...err...disable, ie: not needed while playing dcs. They will not then appear in t he control setitngs options.  It worked for me.

2 hours ago, Sprool said:

A workround is offered on thier Discord, you have to go into saved games/dcs/config/input and delete the 'disabled.lua' file in there, then it works for me.

The disabled.lua tells dcs if there are any attached controllers you want to...err...disable, ie: not needed while playing dcs. They will not then appear in t he control setitngs options.  It worked for me.

Correct, known bug at the moment.

https://github.com/Rexeh/joystick-diagrams/issues/40

Real life getting in the way of updates at the moment - sorry to disappoint you!

• Like 1

OK, so got it to recognise the folder OK. I have a VPC WarBRD Stick, VPC Throttle MT-50 CM2 and others.

I called the config files the same, e.g. 'VPC Stick WarBRD.lua' and all I get is a diagram showing a TM Warthog stick with nonsensical bindings!

Clearly I'm doing something fundamentally wrong here.

vp.jpg

Hotfix shipped for folder issue!

@imackenbecause it's Virpil gear I cannot guarantee the mappings. Dependant on the firmware version and configuration by yourself the default button maps can alter.

I'm more than happy to help on Discord, bit hard over the forum to ask questions/share some data.

• Like 1

Thanks for that.

The link on first page just downloads the same 1.2.0 file even though it says 1.2.1 on the page.

It's not just the bindings, the CM2 throttle comes up with nothing despite there being a profile, and the ALPHA R grip just produces the Warthog one as I posted above.

1 hour ago, imacken said:

Thanks for that.

The link on first page just downloads the same 1.2.0 file even though it says 1.2.1 on the page.

It's not just the bindings, the CM2 throttle comes up with nothing despite there being a profile, and the ALPHA R grip just produces the Warthog one as I posted above.

Thanks, link didn't update right fixed.

I'll double check tomorrow the templates, there could be a mix up in the template naming potentially as it was reworked.

• Like 1

Hello, @rexehuk

Wanted to leave my feedback on this program.

I just tried this and it worked but only for my Throttle, it doesn't recognize my stick.

T16000 Flight Pack - Stick, Throttle and Rudder Pedals

It outputs a file for the Throttle but has this message for the stick.

Export Started

No Template for: T.16000M Joystick

Export Finished

Quick fix:

I copied and renamed one of the T16000 templates to; T.16000M Joystick and it output both files.

Test run on my F-15C setup.

Stick

Top portion of Stick missing all key binds.

Doesn't even show the POV-Hat switch as available. 

Bottom of stick displays everything OK

image.png

Throttle

Modifier button = No Bind 

POV_Hat switch = doesn't display my keybinds.

Everything else is OK

image.png

Thanks for your hard work!

GREAT TOOL!

I have the x56 and just get the message No Template for: Saitek X56 Rhino Joystick. I tried copying and renaming the x56 templates to match the error but unfortunately couldn't get any files to output. Great idea but I'll wait for future releases.

Thanks.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Edited by Iceviper

• 1 month later...

Hi all, having an issue testing this software out. Just installed it for the first time.

I run it, locate my saved games folder, it shows my available profiles, I click "Export Joystick Profiles' and then it just crashes and closes the app window.

This is the error on the logs:

2021-03-03 08:04:43,390 INFO DCS: Profile disabled.lua has no joystick directory files
2021-03-03 08:04:43,394 INFO DCS: Profile UiLayer has no joystick directory files

Thanks for any info.

54 minutes ago, RollnThndr said:

Hi all, having an issue testing this software out. Just installed it for the first time.

I run it, locate my saved games folder, it shows my available profiles, I click "Export Joystick Profiles' and then it just crashes and closes the app window.

This is the error on the logs:

2021-03-03 08:04:43,390 INFO DCS: Profile disabled.lua has no joystick directory files
2021-03-03 08:04:43,394 INFO DCS: Profile UiLayer has no joystick directory files

Thanks for any info.

Ok, deleted the disabled.lua file as suggested above but still getting the UiLayer line in log file. Not sure what files should be in there that it's missing.

Thanks for any info.

On 1/26/2021 at 6:53 PM, Ozmandi said:

Hello, @rexehuk

Wanted to leave my feedback on this program.

I just tried this and it worked but only for my Throttle, it doesn't recognize my stick.

T16000 Flight Pack - Stick, Throttle and Rudder Pedals

It outputs a file for the Throttle but has this message for the stick.

Export Started

No Template for: T.16000M Joystick

Export Finished

Quick fix:

I copied and renamed one of the T16000 templates to; T.16000M Joystick and it output both files.

Test run on my F-15C setup.

Stick

Top portion of Stick missing all key binds.

Doesn't even show the POV-Hat switch as available. 

Bottom of stick displays everything OK

image.png

Throttle

Modifier button = No Bind 

POV_Hat switch = doesn't display my keybinds.

Everything else is OK

image.png

Thanks for your hard work!

GREAT TOOL!

Thanks for all this, I have no idea why I'm not being notified about these forum posts! Sorry for late replies everyone.

POV hats not supported in current release, the main stick buttons not returning however is odd. This was a new template I made so could be mapping issue, I don't own the stick so had to make these based on public info.

Can you confirm what button presses register for the top ones? I do spot an error with the template which is duplicate of button_4 🙂

image.png

2 hours ago, RollnThndr said:

Ok, deleted the disabled.lua file as suggested above but still getting the UiLayer line in log file. Not sure what files should be in there that it's missing.

Thanks for any info.

No need to delete the "disabled.lua" as of 1.2.1.

Also no other files should be placed in the directories, else the application will probably blow up. It'll ignore directories and stuff, but any files it finds it'll try parse.

Version 1.3 has been released

New website is also up at https://joystick-diagrams.com/ - Hopefully can flesh this out with more information separately from the repository.

🥇 4/8 Way POV and AXIS Support 🥇

The tool now supports POV and AXIS support, so if you have any custom templates you'll need to modify them to make this work. The format for templates is

POV_NUMBER_DIRECTION (E.g. POV_1_D)

Supported POV template directions

_U
_UR
_R
_DR
_D
_DL
_L
_UL

DCS World

• Fully supports AXIS and POV hats

Joystick Gremlin

• Only supports POV hats
  • AXIS support will come with later versions once tool can read local devices

🕹️ Template Changes 🕹️

• Changes to the T16000M template based on feedback
  • Added X52 template

💥 Other features/fixes 💥

• Hardware device names containing white space (VKB) will now work and find templates correctly
  • You can now customise your "No Bind" text in the Config.cfg file
  • When selecting your DCS directory, it should now auto navigate to the directory (if installed in default location)
  • Added Discord link to application
  • Added Donate link (Thanks to everyone who has donated)
  • Some logging changes to capture fatals

Edited by rexehuk

• 1 year later...

We’re alive and incredibly excited to see the DCS World - Apache AH-64D released. With this release came some unexpected new characters in binding descriptions on the F16 and F18, which helpfully broke the tool. This release gets you back up and running.

🥇 Features 🥇

Fixes

• Fixed crashing when trying to generate diagrams for DCS World F16
  • Fixed crashing when trying to generate diagrams for DCS World F18

Get the latest version at https://joystick-diagrams.com/

On 1/23/2021 at 6:38 PM, imacken said:

OK, so got it to recognise the folder OK. I have a VPC WarBRD Stick, VPC Throttle MT-50 CM2 and others.

I called the config files the same, e.g. 'VPC Stick WarBRD.lua' and all I get is a diagram showing a TM Warthog stick with nonsensical bindings!

Clearly I'm doing something fundamentally wrong here.

vp.jpg

Thanks for that, however, I'm getting the same situation with the new version as I did above over a year ago, as above.  You said you would check this, but never came back!

I just get 'No template found' even for devices that are on your list, e.g. VPC Alpha R, Total Controls MFBB.

4 hours ago, imacken said:

Thanks for that, however, I'm getting the same situation with the new version as I did above over a year ago, as above.  You said you would check this, but never came back!

I just get 'No template found' even for devices that are on your list, e.g. VPC Alpha R, Total Controls MFBB.

If you read my post, you would have seen

"I'm more than happy to help on Discord, bit hard over the forum to ask questions/share some data."

There are many people who join and get instant help. I'm not doing it via a forum where the feedback loop is days.

Really don’t understand your point about this forum. It’s a very active place and easier for users to find and exchange info and solutions than Discord, imo. 
Still, I joined your group there and I’ll drop a message over there a bit later. 
Thanks. 

4 hours ago, imacken said:

Really don’t understand your point about this forum. It’s a very active place and easier for users to find and exchange info and solutions than Discord, imo. 
Still, I joined your group there and I’ll drop a message over there a bit later. 
Thanks. 

Thanks.

It's nothing personal, but there are multiple avenues for bug reports and I can't manage bugs via them all at once (I have no help). Far easier to talk on discord, past a few screenshots and not clog up this thread as it could go on for a while.

Hopefully we'll get you sorted out quickly.

Rob

• 6 months later...

Firstly let me apologise for being so quiet on development of Joystick Diagrams. It started out as a python script purely for a bit of fun, to do something I hadn’t seen done before - expanding it out to where it got to was a great challenge for me! Getting to 100 GitHub stars is great, as a non-professional developer I’m humbled ❤️

Truth be told, I simply don’t have time to invest in the project anymore. I have some other projects I would like to pursue and don’t want to keep this open and unmaintained, as such I have decided to close it down; but hopefully pass the torch to other talented individuals to maybe get this where it could go.

As such, I will plan to close the Application down at the end of 2022, unless someone wishes to continue it. As it stands, the license currently prevents anyone making commercial use of this even after the project is closed so I offer a simple route

• Fork the project and adhere to license obligations, and maintain a link back to this repository (which will remain archived) - Any forks I'll link out to from the repository

If you wish to discuss altering the license, or taking on the name of the tool along with the domain then that will have to come in time with any repository that continues development.

In any case, I will help you take on the project and explain the current design changes, vision and technical designs that exist for the next iteration.

If you think you’re able to take this on and give it the attention it needs get in touch via 

Discord - https://discord.gg/unpuCe3Ckj by sending me a DM.

Email - joystickdiagrams@gmail.com

Please state your name, age and give me a brief bit of information about your background and what you’d like to do with the tool.

Thanks again for all the support on the Discord / Reddit - You’ve all been great. 

• 3 months later...

great software, thank you 🤩

For information, with the HOTAS of the Warthog, everything depends on the modules. I have only the joystick, sometimes the joystick and throttle OK.

When the joystick diagrams are created, for example, I have all the buttons filled with m2000c, almost all with KA-50 and none with F14.

ps: Is there an equivalent for IL-2? 

Edited by Bvv.Fr

this game is incredible 🤘

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...