Wow! The new Gau-8 Sounds!

lobo

Are the new sounds available only in the open beta version of DCS World?

yes

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

• ED Team
I realy like the sounds but I would like to increase hearing range of the sound. Sometimes you just hear the explosions but no Brrrt when watching replay, static camera next to target.

GAU-8 consists of two sounds (in fact, there are more of them, but we will simplify for understanding):

1) the sound of shells flying past - BRRRRrrrt crackle sound

2) and the sound of the BZZzzz cannon itself (low frequency sound).

Perhaps you mean the 1st sound. But it's ok, that sometimes you don't hear it. You shouldn't even hear it if you are behind the plane and the shells fly away FROM you.

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

There should be three sounds, assuming the listener is between the Hawg and the target:

1. Supersonic crack as the rounds fly past

2. Impacts

3. Muzzle blast

In that general order.

Things get whacky the closer the listener is to the Hawg, or if the listener is beyond both the impact location and the Hawg.

• ED Team
There should be three sounds, assuming the listener is between the Hawg and the target:

1. Supersonic crack as the rounds fly past

2. Impacts

3. Muzzle blast

Yes, that's how it is now implemented in DCS. But if the camera is behind the cannon, then you shouldn't hear the 1st sound at all.

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

Well, I personally am not convinved of the in-cockpit GAU sound. It sounds like there are a lot less rounds exiting the cannon per second.

neither do I.

I don't hate it, but I'm not really convinced either.

but if real A-10 pilots say that is wat you hear inside a cockpit with a helmet on when you let that GAU-8 / A Avenger rip then i'll guess i wil have to learn to love it or get used to it?

Intel® Core™ i7-6900K Processor (watercooled) - Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (watercooled) motherbord - 8 x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3333Mhz RAM (watercooled) - 2 x ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING (watercooled)

- Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Logitech G910 Orion Spark - Asus PG348 34'' LCD screen - Razor Tiamat 7.1 - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Replica USAF A-10C - TrackIR 5 - Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals - VAICOM 2.5 PRO

GAU-8 consists of two sounds (in fact, there are more of them, but we will simplify for understanding):

1) the sound of shells flying past - BRRRRrrrt crackle sound

2) and the sound of the BZZzzz cannon itself (low frequency sound).

Perhaps you mean the 1st sound. But it's ok, that sometimes you don't hear it. You shouldn't even hear it if you are behind the plane and the shells fly away FROM you.

I talk about the actually gun sound, not the bullet crack. On youtube are several recordings where you hear the shot after the impact and a while later you hear the engines of the a10 indicating it is further away. When I engage the target at range and watch it in replay I cannot hear the gun at all, though a couple of seconds later I hear my engines. I have to be closer with the A10 to hear the gun. Thats why I would like to increase the outer_range variable of it.

I tried to make a recording of an example but my shadowplay failed. May I upload it tomorrow when I can fix it.