Hotas Warthog Throttle binding for Left and Right Thrust F-18

Moki

Hi all,

I am getting back into DCS and I had to rebind most of my keys to my throttle and joystick. I am running into the issue where my engine left and right power levers on my Hotas are not making the engine move in the F-18. I currently have them binded to the left and right thrust in the axis command but when I go to turn my plane on, the levers do not move in the plane. Is this a bug? I am doing the F-18 real controls and I went through the whole list to find left engine or right engine controls and have not seen any.

I dont know if attaching my saved profile will help but I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

Have you bound the off/idle? If not, try to bind the left off/idle and right off/idle to each respective detent on the Warthog throttle.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Have you bound the off/idle? If not, try to bind the left off/idle and right off/idle to each respective detent on the Warthog throttle.

Cheers,

Ziptie

dumb question of the day...Do you know which category or where it would be in the drop down menu? I didnt see anything like that but I could have easily missed it.

dumb question of the day...Do you know which category or where it would be in the drop down menu? I didnt see anything like that but I could have easily missed it.

If you are in the F18C sim main category - it should be under HOTAS. However I am not 100% certain of this, but you can select the drop down box at the top, select search and type idle or off/idle (preferable) and should be able to find the two desired bindings. If for some reason that doesn't produce the proper search result(s), you could type in throttle and see what results that shows.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

If you are in the F18C sim main category - it should be under HOTAS. However I am not 100% certain of this, but you can select the drop down box at the top, select search and type idle or off/idle (preferable) and should be able to find the two desired bindings. If for some reason that doesn't produce the proper search result(s), you could type in throttle and see what results that shows.

Cheers,

Ziptie

I will search for that and see what I can come up with. I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

The throttles should move without programming the idle cutoff.

Can you see the throttles moving in the axis menu?

Do the throttles work in an air start?

I can see the throttles move in the axis command part. I have it as left and right thrust accordingly. One thing to point out in the F-18 when I go to move my throttle to turn the plane on, in the game it doesnt move. I got in my A-10 and i can see the trottles move as i am moving it on my hotas

Cheers,

Ziptie

You sir are a life saver. It worked and thanks all for you helped and responded. I truly do appreciate it

You sir are a life saver. It worked and thanks all for you helped and responded. I truly do appreciate it

Happy to assist and glad you got it sorted sir!

Cheers,

Ziptie

• 1 year later...

Hi Moki, I am having the same problem as you had. I can’t find the location for the Cut-off detene is under Systems - Left/Right engine throttle Set OFF. I have made a search in the search bar for the same things still didn’t find it. Where did you find it. 
My right side of my Thrustmaster throttle works in full range in the axle command but my left side throttle only goes to the left side all the way but not to my right. What am I doing wrong you all. 

BlackKnighto5

• 2 weeks later...

This is my throttle cutoff for my TM Warthog throttle.

Throttle OFF.jpg

BTW there are no buttons that you push but something internal creates the BTN29 and BTN30 when you lift the throttles over the stop and pull them all the way back.

Edited by CBStu

Am 1.10.2022 um 15:58 schrieb CBStu:

This is my throttle cutoff for my TM Warthog throttle.

Throttle OFF.jpg

BTW there are no buttons that you push but something internal creates the BTN29 and BTN30 when you lift the throttles over the stop and pull them all the way back.

Just as a matter of interest: wouldn‘t it be better to bind it to the OFF(hold)<->IDLE keybind?

In your setup it seems to me like you actually have to press some other button in order to go from OFF to IDLE which you wouldn‘t need to if you did the above mentioned.

• Like 1

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

You may be right. I don't know. I think this is the way it was done by TM in the preprogrammed setup. I just looked at it after maybe 1.5 years of never even using the off position of the throttles. I am not a stickler for accurate startup and shutdown. I use auto start and on most flights after I get off the runway, I just hit escape to end the mission.