AI Follow Case Patterns On Launch?

Steve Gee

Any plans for the AI to follow Case I/II/III departure patterns in the future? It would fit nicely into SC's development.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

+1, including helicopter traffic, and especially in the airspace within ~5nm of the boat.

For any Case you choose, all AI aircraft, in my experience so far, climb well above 500 feet after they take off. This occurs even if you assign their first waypoint to be 7nm out at 500 feet - they climb up to 1000+ feet before descending. The problem with that arises when you or other AI arrive at the Case I/II overhead break at 800 feet to find AI traffic climbing through your own altitude, colliding or otherwise interfering with the inbound aircraft.

Basically, the AI should have some basic awareness of default NATOPS traffic patterns when departing the boat. It may be a limitation of AI aircraft in general, but this capability doesn't seem to be present at the moment.

ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6 | i7-8550U 1.8-4 GHz | 16GB LPDDR3-2133 MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Win10 x64

Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box | 8GB GDDR6-14000MHz | 3x Dell U2412M for 5760x1200

CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

+1, including helicopter traffic, and especially in the airspace within ~5nm of the boat.

For any Case you choose, all AI aircraft, in my experience so far, climb well above 500 feet after they take off. This occurs even if you assign their first waypoint to be 7nm out at 500 feet - they climb up to 1000+ feet before descending. The problem with that arises when you or other AI arrive at the Case I/II overhead break at 800 feet to find AI traffic climbing through your own altitude, colliding or otherwise interfering with the inbound aircraft.

Basically, the AI should have some basic awareness of default NATOPS traffic patterns when departing the boat. It may be a limitation of AI aircraft in general, but this capability doesn't seem to be present at the moment.

It's interesting that in the Raven One campaign, the AI do abide the traffic patterns on departure and landing. Seems it is possible for AI to follow procedures, just seems there are requirements in mission editor (or further into coding) to get this to happen.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

+1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

It's interesting that in the Raven One campaign, the AI do abide the traffic patterns on departure and landing. Seems it is possible for AI to follow procedures, just seems there are requirements in mission editor (or further into coding) to get this to happen.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Maybe waypoints at those assigned heights/distances?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Maybe waypoints at those assigned heights/distances?

Could be, I'm not very versed in mission editor stuff.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Don't have the campaign, may have to buy it to just see what he did. Have heard it's pretty good.

Don't have the campaign, may have to buy it to just see what he did. Have heard it's pretty good.

I've purchased several campaigns (for A10C and F/A-18C) and without question, it's the best campaign I've acquired. Not even a close second in the running. I'd endorse it for sure. Actually just started it over after completing it a few weeks ago, this time I will be making different decisions when they are presented to me, to see what differences occur throughout the campaign. Highly recommend it.

Cheers,

Ziptie