Is the A version more simplified then B?

jimblue74

Currently modeled F-14A-135-GR (Late), other than having older, weaker engines, is basically the same as the B.

More A versions will come later:

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/intro.html#modelled-f-14-versions-in-dcs

I would recommend the B for a rookie - more power and less engine handling considerations.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

No, they're the same in terms of avionics, and the B even has a less finicky engine.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

5 hours ago, jimblue74 said:

I'd like to use the F14 module, I would to known if the A version is more simple for rookie then B version. Is A version A-G capable? Has the A version simplified avionics then B?

Thank you very much.

no.

Its basically the exact same plane, with a bug near mach 1, and engines that are more tempermental but not Half as bad as thought.

Its... almost the exact same plane.  prolly cuz its new  I like the A more right now LOL but.. I think its just new. but its almost impossible, for me, to see any difference at all in cockpit

I'm abit curious, do the A have ICLS???   I loaded my carrier landing mission made for B, and replaced the B with A then fly it.

I noticed the glide slope & localizer symbol didn't show up like the B used to be, when I get close to the carrier from the rear end...

Am I missing some steps specific for A on carrier landing? 

Swapped back to B and all is fine.

Edited by mwlue

4 hours ago, mwlue said:

I'm abit curious, do the A have ICLS???   I loaded my carrier landing mission made for B, and replaced the B with A then fly it.

Should be working but didn't check yet. Make sure you set the right channel and it's ON.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

18 hours ago, draconus said:

... Make sure you set the right channel and it's ON.

Caught!  Double checked the mission setting, my carrier was on channel 3 and after switching from B to A, the default channel on the cat reset to channel 1.

🤦‍♀️