Always wants to go nose up?

treasure

Hey guys, just got the f5 and it wants to pitch up all the time, have to hold joystick forward just to be able to level flight.  i have taken all axis controls right back to absolute minimum but still cant stop it pitching up.  any thoughts on how to fix this?

The faster you go, the more lift is generated by the wings, causing the nose to pitch up. With aircraft like the F-5E, F-86F, and A-10A/C, you are always trimming and after awhile it becomes second nature. Without a doubt, the F-5E is a good aircraft to learn how to fly. Patience, Practice, and watch a lot of YouTube videos.  

• Like 1

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

• 2 years later...

On 12/18/2020 at 7:59 PM, Reflected said:

Uncheck the nonlinear option in the menu. IRL, the neutral position of the stick is forward from center. If you have FFB that's great. If not, you need to constantly apply forward pressure in order to keep you virtual stick neutral. I'd wager that's what is causing your problem.

This just solved my problem!

I had a force feedback joystick plugged in the other and day and this option apparently stayed on after unplugging it, causing me 30 mins of troubleshooting my joystick setup - thanks !

Edited by de.Impact

image.png