Is VR As Good As This?

C3PO

Hi  Guys :)

I want to play DC in VR but Im worried about my performance.

My PC got these components:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Board: MSI 350M Pro VDH

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

Drive: 512GB Crucial MX500 (560MB/S)

RAM: 2x 8GB Ballistix Sport LT BLS2C8G4D26BFSB (DDR4 2666MT/s)

I think about buying the HTC Vive Cosmos Elite.

How low to I have to go with the  graphic settings to play fluid with my GTX 1060?  

Do  you think a RTX 2070 strong enough to play DCS fluid on high VR resolution?

Thank you very much for help!

Hi  Guys :)

How low to I have to go with the  graphic settings to play fluid with my GTX 1060?  

You could have a pretty enjoyable experience lowering your settings and using an oldergen headset (rift S for example) probably index or reverb are no-go for your system.
The most powerful of the nowadays systems cannot run dcs in vr at high settings and 100% resolution on the hp reverb and have good frames
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Meta Quest Pro 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

1 hour ago, quai said:

Hi  Guys 🙂

A GTX1060 would be on the tight side for VR.
That headset pricetag is about $1000, is that right? For me it would make much more sense, buying a $300-600 headset and getting a new GPU from that range too.

• Thanks 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | Buttkicker | SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle - Phantom

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Ala12Rv-Tundra:

A GTX1060 would be on the tight side for VR.
That headset pricetag is about $1000, is that right? For me it would make much more sense, buying a $300-600 headset and getting a new GPU from that range too.

The Headset with all the extra stuff is about 1000 bucks, but I would just buy the headset only for about 650.

I plan to get a new GPU in the near future, so I want to buy a headset that will still please me with the new GPU.

Do you think the price is ok, or is it too high at the moment?

At the moment GPU prieces are soooooo stupid and it seems like people are still buying.

I hope since christmas is over now, that the makret will cure soon.

Thank you all for your optinions!

I can still overclock my 1060 a little by using the nvidia software. Maybe this will help a little.

Edited by quai

21 hours ago, quai said:

The Headset with all the extra stuff is about 1000 bucks, but I would just buy the headset only for about 650.

I plan to get a new GPU in the near future, so I want to buy a headset that will still please me with the new GPU.

At the moment GPU prieces are soooooo stupid and it seems like people are still buying.

I can still overclock my 1060 a little by using the nvidia software. Maybe this will help a little.

Considering what crypto has been up to lately... I don't see a drop in GPU pricing anytime soon. Or availability for that matter. 😞

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 1/2/2021 at 8:29 PM, quai said:

Unfortunately you won't be happy with that graphics card and VR. Your RAM is on the minimum side to run things well in 2d and unfortunately your processor is not that great for single threaded applications (which is what DCS is).

Just sticking a more powerful graphics card in there is not going to do much for you either, trust me on that. I would consider holding off with VR until you can get a more powerful overall system because you will be very dissapointed, and in the end that headset is going to end up gathering dust.

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

On 12/30/2020 at 12:06 AM, DutchCoolHand said:

this hobby is expensive 

Don't get into motorbikes or cars then...

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...