GOD HELP ME COMRADES !! Key Bindings Dropping Out After Being Set /Reverting After Set to OLD Setup

Key Bindings Dropping Out After Being Set /Reverting After being set back to previous setup

Self explanatory.  I have NEVER in the past experienced this happening.

If you have just spent 30 minutes..... or longer being meticulous in setting up radar zone and radar cursor manipulation, mode selection ETC ETC  bindings to joystick hat switch , joystick buttons and keyboard binding it can REALLY PISS YOU OFF and increase your alcohol consumption.

Yesterday in my STEAM DCS installation - I set up my F-15 controls beyond just flight controls for radar and weapons. BEFORE THIS -  I had just been flying the the damn thing .........using ONLY controls needed for that . I had bound EJECT and canopy and that is really about it. 

( I have a VKB stick as primary, CH Pro Stick I use for throttle only, and CH Pro Pedals they have been working FLAWLESSLY together for MONTHS) 

Has anyone experienced this and what is the best fix to prevent it ? 

I have UNinstalled and will be starting over. 

I Know where the Input files are and how to back them up. 

I will save a copy of my VIRGIN DCS  default input settingsfor keyboard mouse and joystick  after I do a fresh reinstall. ALL OLD files have been removed. NOTHING remains of the old install ANYWHERE in saved games  -or otherwise. 

In the CONTROLS area in sim there is no button to SAVE. I ASSUME when you are done and hit OK that this will save the bindings or changes you have just made.   I HAVE read it is best to make changes or do bindings whilst IN the jet on the ramp IN the plane you are setting up. While I feel this should not be necessary I will do what I have to. I do NOT find this the quickest or the easiest way. As we all know different nomenclature can be used for the same controls in different aircraft. 

• Like 1

I haven't flown the F-15C for a very long time, but all the bindings were still there when I tried it just now.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

@ElvisDaKang I feel your pain! 

This has happened to me several times and it's demoralizing when it happens.  It seems to happen most often with the FC3 aircraft.

Nothing worse than logging in to try a little take off and landing practice and finding out that the switch I had set up for TRIM is now reconfigured for quick-views.  😞 ON all of the FC3 planes, not just one of them!

I haven't read about setting the controls while in the plane, I usually do it before I get in the plane.  Does that actually help?

• 2 weeks later...

I only have this happen to the FC3 planes and usually only to the kneeboard. After I got them set the way I wanted, I marked them as read only. 

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)