A-4E skyhawk Install issue

Hey, guys, the community A4 is free. It wasn't developed by ED. However thousands of players have it, including myself. I started in dcs with the A4. I still fly it regularly.

I've spoken to members of the development team, and I have one of the development team on my discord. 

So here's a couple things. First, if you paid for the A4, please inform the development team where you got it, and who is charging for it. They'll want to nip that quickly. It's free for everyone, and from everything I know, it'll stay that way. 

Second, if you have A4 question on anything from install to bombing or navigation, feel free to stop by my squadron discord. It's often easier to help figure things out that way. Here's the link. https://discord.gg/JuBydbsfDn

Third. Some versions of the A4, and some other great mods like the UH60 have sub folders and so on.

Here's how I install them.

I download only from the official mod link. (Very important) next I extract all files to my desktop. 

I then go into my c drive/users/my name/ saved games/ open beta.

I make or check to ensure I have a "mods" folder. (Make it if you don't have it) inside mods, I make "aircraft" inside aircraft I copy and paste the basic mod file. It'll be the last sub folder in the download before you see "bin" "liveries" and all that.

Paste the A4 into that folder. 

IT CANNOT GO INTO THE MAIN GAME FOLDER UNDER PROGRAM FILES! 

if you've accidently done that, repair your dcs. Remove anything and everything connected with the wrongly placed A4, including user profiles (One will auto generate) 

I hope that helps you guys out. The link to the discord is up a few lines. If have any questions just go there and myself or someone else will walk you through it and get things figured out. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/23/2021 at 5:14 PM, Rudel_chw said:

your mistake is that you are following everyone’s instructions, instead of following those from the developer:

https://heclak.github.io/community-a4e-c/#installation

on this link is the latest information about this Mod, don’t follow old videos or tutorials as they are most likely obsolete.

Wow that was so easy! Now I have to figure out to to kneel and engage the catapult. That is still a mystery to me.