A-4E skyhawk Install issue

So, recently I installed the A-4E skyhawk mod for dcs world. I followed the GR tutorial for the install, and just checked some other youtubers on how to install the skyhawk as well. When I check the installed modules page, it's there, but I cant play it! When I open DCS world, it says "the following modules are not authorized and will be deleted: A-4E Skyhawk". I have heard things regarding the skyhawk that you need FC3 installed, which I don't. However some others have said that they didn't have FC3 and still got it to work. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. Please help.

4 minutes ago, Deadly_Seafood said:

... I followed the GR tutorial for the install ...  just checked some other youtubers on how to install the skyhawk as well ...  I have heard things regarding the skyhawk  ...  some others have said  ...  I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

your mistake is that you are following everyone’s instructions, instead of following those from the developer:

https://heclak.github.io/community-a4e-c/#installation

on this link is the latest information about this Mod, don’t follow old videos or tutorials as they are most likely obsolete.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

15 hours ago, Cab said:

What folder so you have it in?

Mine is in C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft and it works with no issues.

Yes, I did exactly this, and it is installed, just wont let me play...

15 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

your mistake is that you are following everyone’s instructions, instead of following those from the developer:

https://heclak.github.io/community-a4e-c/#installation

on this link is the latest information about this Mod, don’t follow old videos or tutorials as they are most likely obsolete.

Well, I tried this, and put it just in the DCS folder, and like I said before, it is installed But it says "the following modules are not authorized : A-4E skyhawk" Do I need FC3 installed??

3 minutes ago, Deadly_Seafood said:

Well, I tried this, and put it just in the DCS folder ...  Do I need FC3 installed??

Can you upload a screenshot showing your A-4E folder, the one with the A-4E-C.lua file on it, with the full path showing on the shot?  .. Also, it is not enough to place the Mod on the correct place at /Saved Games/ ... you also have to delete any prior install that you may have made at the wrong location.

Why you ask about FC3, did you read anything about it on the official site I linked previously?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

That looks correct .. check that the DCS Program Folder has its Mods/aircraft/ Subfolder with only official Modules, remove from there any prior install of this aircraft .. my folder looks like this:

WieLpBh.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw

25 minutes ago, Deadly_Seafood said:

So where is the A-4E folder supposed to go?

• Unzip the contents of the A-4E-C folder in the zip into the following folder: C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like you're installing it into DCS WORLD instead of DCS WORLD OPEN BETA. Try installing into the open beta version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]FW190 A8 • MiG 29 • MiG 15bis • MiG 21bis • F-14 Tomcat • AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL DCS: AJS-37 Viggen • Spitfire LF Mk. IX • F-5E Tiger II • M-2000C Mirage • Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst • Fw 190 D-9 Dora • F-86F Sabre • Su-33 • Su-27 • F-15C • Su-25T • A-10A • A-10C • P-51D • Uh-1H Huey • TF-51B

30 minutes ago, Schnauz said:

It sounds like you're installing it into DCS WORLD instead of DCS WORLD OPEN BETA. Try installing into the open beta version.

Actually, the Mod works also on Stable version of DCS, not only Open Beta. The user just have to place it on the correct /Saved Games/ subfolder (and delete it from /Program Files/ if he first erroneously installed it there).

• 2 weeks later...

I recently downloaded and installed the A-4E-C version 2.0.0.  I followed the install instructions and deleted the folders for version 1.4.2 (which was working fine) both in the Config folder for the input setting and in the MODS/aircraft folder and unzipped the newer version in its place.  I go into DCS and I see the correct icon but no matter what I do I can’t get into the cockpit.  If I click on the icon and go to instant action, select any of the pre set missions or if I go into mission editor and create something real simple like taking off from a runway, when I click on the Fly button it loads and gives me a F10 map view.  I see AI controlled aircraft moving/flying but just can’t get it to work for me.  I then deleted all of that and re-installed version 1.4.2 and it works fine.  Again I deleted 1.4.2 and even re-downloaded 2.0.0 again just in case and unzipped the files and folders, then copied the A-4E-C folder to the MODS/aircraft folder, started the game and got the same results.  Does anyone else have this issue or know what to do to correct it?

3 hours ago, Steveskii said:

I recently downloaded and installed the A-4E-C version 2.0.0.  I followed the install instructions and deleted the folders for version 1.4.2 (which was working fine) both in the Config folder for the input setting and in the MODS/aircraft folder and unzipped the newer version in its place.  I go into DCS and I see the correct icon but no matter what I do I can’t get into the cockpit.  If I click on the icon and go to instant action, select any of the pre set missions or if I go into mission editor and create something real simple like taking off from a runway, when I click on the Fly button it loads and gives me a F10 map view.  I see AI controlled aircraft moving/flying but just can’t get it to work for me.  I then deleted all of that and re-installed version 1.4.2 and it works fine.  Again I deleted 1.4.2 and even re-downloaded 2.0.0 again just in case and unzipped the files and folders, then copied the A-4E-C folder to the MODS/aircraft folder, started the game and got the same results.  Does anyone else have this issue or know what to do to correct it?

You're missing the necessary "C++ redistributable". See this post: 

It's a bit unclear which version you need as the linked page list several packages. You need "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019" in the x64 variant. 

Direct link:  https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Edited by Copprhead

So I installed the version from the link you provided and that one did not work.  I then went into the post you listed and installed the version from that link (MS Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redis.....x64:) and it worked like a charm!  Thanks a lot for the quick turnaround.  I was almost to the point of wiping DCS and starting all over, didn’t really want to do that for just this one mod.....

• Thanks 1

so I deleted all the A-4E-C folders in DCS. In the input and in the mods folder and downloaded the newest version, I do have just have DCS world stable version and downloaded the A-4E-C folder into (C:)/Users/XXX/Saved Games/DCS/, just like that. I check the A-4 location and its in the Mods folder. I deleted my previous mods folder (I do not have any other mods installed) and according to the official instructions I did it right. When I open DCS world it still gives me the notification "the following DLC are not authorized and will be removed: A-4E-C Skyhawk" It doesn't show up at the list of aircraft at the bottom of the main menu screen, but when I go look at the installed modules its there, but wont let me fly 😕

Edited by Deadly_Seafood
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm also having a problem getting DCS world to see my A-4E-C 2.0 download on this computer.  Does not show up on the list.  I did the install exactly as outlined and have the same download on another computer and its runs fine from the same location on C drive.  Is there a number I can call or can someone do a screen share to see what the problem amounts to. I have checked security settings, etc and both computers are set the same.  I'm missing something but don't know what it is.  Can I contact support in Switzerland??? New to this game and everything else runs fine on DCS.  I'm not going to pay for other downloads if I can't be sure it will run.  Happy to pay for help if it can be made to work.  Thanks

24 minutes ago, tmitch2315 said:

I'm not going to pay for other downloads if I can't be sure it will run.

You payed for the A-4E?  … it’s supposed to be free. 

8 hours ago, tmitch2315 said:

Can I contact support in Switzerland???

You mean Eagle Dynamics? No - A-4 is a free user mod and is not officially supported.

You can ask here:

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

2 minutes ago, tmitch2315 said:

I'm fearful about purchasing anything from DCS before I solve this problem.

Mind that how some unofficial mod works for you has no impact on how official DCS modules work.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

4 minutes ago, tmitch2315 said:

Good to know.  Thanks

Well, some mods do alter official game files and thus do affect how official content works (in a negative way every now and then). That's why the very first thing devs tell you here when troubleshooting problems is to remove or disable all unofficial mods. That's inherent thing about every custom product in the world, though, so you just have to be aware of it and deal with it.

I don't use A-4 mod, though, so I don't know if it can in itself cause issues with latest version of DCS. I reckon it shouldn't, being actively supported by its creators.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

On 3/11/2022 at 9:39 AM, Art-J said:

Well, some mods do alter official game files and thus do affect how official content works (in a negative way every now and then). That's why the very first thing devs tell you here when troubleshooting problems is to remove or disable all unofficial mods. That's inherent thing about every custom product in the world, though, so you just have to be aware of it and deal with it.

I don't use A-4 mod, though, so I don't know if it can in itself cause issues with latest version of DCS. I reckon it shouldn't, being actively supported by its creators.

the A-4E-C modifies and overwrites no original game files. There is an occasional bug (which we believe to be a DCS bug) where the integrity check is tripped by the mission briefing screen (usually after playing multiplayer and then going back into multiplayer), but this is resolved with a quick DCS restart (or you can delete this file if you don't want it anymore, it won't hurt anything to just remove it).

Edited by plusnine
  • Thanks 1