WWII Axis Naval Assets

Hawkeye60

Is Hawkeye aware that the Yamato's damage model needs fixing or will someone have to tell him? I also found another bug one of the new jerseys main batterys gun doesn't turn properly

it turns like 65 degrees to the right and starts bouncing off the front and turns like 5 degrees to the left and right.

the new jerseys cannons just shoot through the ship and don't deal any damage this is also happening with many other ships As well.

how does the damage model work.

Does it work like whenever a cannon is fired does it change the model and decreases health or something like that or is it how everything  else works like whenever you hit something it does damage? I really hope hawkeye fixes these bugs so the ships can work properly.

Edited by Chompsky

27 minutes ago, Chompsky said:

why does it take so long for people to reply?

5 messages on 6 hours? Relax a bit 😶

for many people DCS is just a hobby, not a paid job .. he probably has a Real Life and visits the Forum only when he has some free time.

The DCS environment was not designed for battleships, there isnt a single ship of this type on the official sim, so these type of Mods have a lot of limitations, don’t expect them to be 100% accurate on their simulation. I use them mostly as targets for my aircrafts missions, and for that role they work quite well.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I understand but I am hopeing the yamato's damage model is fixed It is still moderately functional but barely

I really want it to be accurate games like these are really fun when every thing is working properly they can still be fun just I lose interest if I cant do what I want to do.

I do thank them for there work but I want Hawkeye to fix the bugs since the Yamato can be destroyed by a cruiser in this game which is not accurate and never would have happened.

The Yamato would probably crush a destroyer, cruiser, carrier and battleships. Battleships would take longer to destroy and Yamato would take some damage. While the bug lets Yamato get sunk in 30 secs or 1 min. This bug needs to be fixed. As well as the fact that some bullets pass through the ships as well .

1 hour ago, Chompsky said:

the yamato sinks way to easily and lots of ships don't get dealt damage instead the bullets pass threw them.

Then delete the mod and stop worrying yourself so much. When a new version is released, if ever Hawkeye gets the time, download it and enjoy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chompsky said:

ok

but want delete the mod I like looking at the ship its beatiful

Or you could try your hand at editing the bb_Yamato.lua file, playing with the damage and armament values until you find a combination that works for you.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

14 minutes ago, Chompsky said:

wait you can edit them!

i thought they were encrypted or something  I couldn't read

what does the hp look like so i can edit it 

8 minutes ago, Chompsky said:

how do I edit the Lua file  to my likening I don't want to mess the mod up

is the place where I edit the hp GT.life=400 is that it I wan to set that to  10000

if thats the hp

2 minutes ago, Chompsky said:

where's damage and armament values? how are they spelled in the lua files

Sorry, I don't have all the answers ... you will have to go at it yourself using trial-error .. don't change more than one thing at a time and do your edits on a copy of the Mod. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chompsky said:

ok  I will make a copy of the mod and hopefully what I do works, might do it after i give my eyes a rest

I've only done small edits on ship Mods, like moving the smoke to match the funnels, or moving the wake so it matches the ship's bow, things like that. For example, to edit the smoke fiddle with this section:

GT.exhaust = 
{

[1] = { size = 0.75 , pos = {-1.0 , 32.0, 0.0 } },

}

The size is the height of the smoke column, the position is in x,y,z coordinates.

My advice is to register anything you learn about ships lua, so that what you learn can be used when editing other ships. Also, use Google translate to translate some of the lua comments, as they contain useful info. You may want to take a look onto other ships luas to compare with this one. (for example, check the New Jersey, see what makes it more powerful than the yamato).

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chompsky said:

is GT.life the amount of hp/hull hp the ship has? because it has the word life so i am thinking it as something to do with health of the ship? Am I right?

I don’t get it ... why don’t you change that amount and then test the Mod to see what effect it has?  That’s called experimentation, you will learn a lot more that way than just making questions here.

Keep in mind that modding ships is not a well documented subject, so it is pretty hard that you will find anyone able to answer this type of questions. And please, keep in mid that this is a Forum, not a chat.