Bad response and performance AI flight

Hi al,

First of all, this is my first campaign and I love it!

The only thing is that my flight members Hawk 2-4 don’t perform quite well. I am aware that the build in AI has it’s limitations and can react sometimes in an unexpected way. Okay, this is as it is so I try to make the best out of it by giving specific orders but it seems that they don’t get it. Radio and frequencies are correct, no issues there. 

I don’t have experience with other campaigns but within other missions everything seems to work well although these are only with an AI wingman.

First of all, I understand that they have to “see” the enemy, otherwise I get a “negative” as response. The only command they respond to is “engage ground targets”. But I want that they start to take out air defenses with Mavericks, so I command F2-Flight F-3 Engage with... F4-Engage Air Defenses F1-with Missile... F1-From the North. After selecting “my voice” speaks this loud so the command is correct. But none of the flight members acknowledged or respond to this. Again, they only respond to engage ground targets. 

I have tried all variations, to my F1-Wingman, F2-Flight and F3-Second Element. I have read the manual over and search in this forum to find out if I do something wrong or want something that is not possible, both aren’t the case. 

Because of my other flight member’s stupidity (ace level: ejecting during anchoring, bingo fuel when my tanks are at least 70%, or simply disappeared without any reason) I have to redo mission after mission (currently I am doing 12 for the fourth time after 6 times doing 11). 

Who can provide me with some good advice without adapting the missions, at least not too much.

My regards,

Animal66

We fall We break We fail  but then... We rise We heal We overcome

Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 10 | i9-9900| 32G RAM | 1TSSD | RTX2080 Super | Hotas Warthog | MFD Cougars | BuddyFox UFC | RX Viper Rudder | Voice Attack | Viacom Pro | Annoyed Wife

These are not this campaign issue but DCS issue.  Having to run the same mission multiple times or having to edit the mission in order to complete it takes half the fun out of it as you now expect what's going to happen.  But that is current state of DCS.  You have to live with it.

I personally edited all missions on this campaign so there's no bonus for wingmen landings to save myself the frustration.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/6/2021 at 5:16 PM, King39 said:

Taz1004 where in the Mission Editor can you modify those parameters?

Thanks

You need to quote me for me to get notified.

Maybe you already figured it out but it's under mission goals.  Delete the 5 points for each landing and increase the score for mission completion.