Online Server Performances

A.S

• ED Team

official from ED:

FPS: momentary FPS (FPS averaged for 8 frames)

ModelTime: simulation time in seconds from mission start

Obj: number of individual shapes being drawn during the frame. excluding surface, cockpit and some special objects

Trg: number of triangles being drawn during the frame. excluding surface, cockpit and some special objects

Time: total frame time in milliseconds

Render: individual times for render stages, in milliseconds

Scene: individual times for rendering specific object types, in milliseconds

Memory: free video memory as reported by DirectX

Thanks grove... now back to this LOD issue... which with your help AS I think is the issue... some vehicles have single "high" LOD then they switch to basic box shape LOD from few Km distance... but some don't... and that's the issue...

For example placing single object on the edge of a map (so nothing else is displayed) shows following:

BTR-70 Close 34 Far 2

1L13 EWR Close 60 Far 60

2S6 Tanguska Close 106 Far 2

55G6 EWR Close 60 Far 50

APA Close 46 then 20 then 14 then Far 2

Avenger Close 68 then 48 then 40 Far 32

Hummer Close 68 Far 68

M1 Close 100 Far 2

M109 Close 96 Far 2

M113 Close 80 Far 80

So this means if for example you place 100 M113 vehicled object count would be 8000 which would make framerate go quite low... now mig task is to either find a way to have all vehicles have to switch to this box shape LOD at maybe 3km max... or if this is not possible simply restrain from placing such units.. I think no point having a hummer as it can't shoot at you so why not just replace it with some other veicle... I'll definitely furward this to my guys so we amend our map...

No longer active in DCS...

wow... AS... this is very weird... I tried with Hummers also... 5 columns of 99 and damn... I was getting 9FPS and it shows over 33000 objects in counter! :huh:

man I feel there's something wrong with 3d model of the hummer and maybe some other units as well... as placing again 5 columns of 99 of BTR-70 and it's down to just over 1000 objects????? :noexpression:

THX YOUR VERY MUCH FINALLY AS YOU CAN SEE SOME THINGS ARE NOT GOOD :cry::smartass: AND MUST BE TESTED WELL IN MAKING MISSIONS TOO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good news.. this is easily fixable with little text edit... will post later on... gonna make changes in one file and if it gets too late (need to hit the bed soon) I'll post tomorrow... hopefully with permanent cure for this :)

Some models are bugged, one infamous example was the R-77 wich ponded on FPS but was fixed by Walmis weapon pakage.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

try this file and place into LockOn/Bazar folder (make backup first)

[ATTACH]18763[/ATTACH]

let me know if you stil get bad framerate when you fly over same area... or anywhere on server for that matter...

EDIT: Also note to mission builders... if you place say 20 hummers within 2km or just make a column with quite a few hummers (or even M113) in it they will make for quite a few objects for CPU to render... if 1 hummer takes 68 objects and you place 10 of them that's... 680 objects just for those (or 800 for 10x M113) ... and even on fast CPU (for example 4GHz C2D I have) something of order of 4000 objects is what will start to lower my framerate bellow 60... something to consider I guess when making missions.

Ideally having 3 LOD for each vehicle would do from high/medium/low poly and then 4th LOD just simple box, square or whatever would fix this even better... but hey this is what we're getting DCS for... beauty of all the high quality 3D models of upclose then multiple LOD's as they blend into distance... nice :)

Edited by Kuky
  • Like 6

if 1 hummer takes 68 objects and you place 10 of them that's... 680 objects just for those (or 800 for 10x M113) ... and even on fast CPU (for example 4GHz C2D I have) something of order of 4000 objects is what will start to lower my framerate bellow 60...

:P

aaw!! That just breaks my heart! :D

I usualy get 40-50 and then gets to mid 20's with time, on the same servers...still playable. But others will have it worse. So yes, something needs to be donne. ;)

My PC specs below:

try this file and place into LockOn/Bazar folder (make backup first)

[ATTACH]18702[/ATTACH]

let me know if you stil get bad framerate when you fly over same area... or anywhere on server for that matter...

EDIT: Also note to mission builders... if you place say 20 hummers within 2km or just make a column with quite a few hummers (or even M113) in it they will make for quite a few objects for CPU to render... if 1 hummer takes 68 objects and you place 10 of them that's... 680 objects just for those (or 800 for 10x M113) ... and even on fast CPU (for example 4GHz C2D I have) something of order of 4000 objects is what will start to lower my framerate bellow 60... something to consider I guess when making missions.

Ideally having 3 LOD for each vehicle would do from high/medium/low poly and then 4th LOD just simple box, square or whatever would fix this even better... but hey this is what we're getting DCS for... beauty of all the high quality 3D models of upclose then multiple LOD's as they blend into distance... nice :)

Thanks KUKY will try this straight away.

Out

AWESOME I m soo glad someone heart my prayer....i just tested it..

Ohhh yeahh....NOW place things how you like :) and FPS remains in comfortalbe area

GReAT MOD !!!

You remember that very specific area on 3Sqn Server where my FPS dropped down to 15FPS just looking there...

Yeahhhhhhh

watch now ..THE SAME AREA 118 FPS! PS i was right :P (somehow) and thx again for that awesome Tweak

screenshot004kh3.th.jpg

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :drink::beer::clap::clap_2:

Edited by A.S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The MOD is server dependent or just clients?

My PC specs below:

Oh cool, it means insta super FPS increase for me and everybody. :)

EDIT:

Theres a way to reduce the FPS drop over time: The choped wings and other aircraft debris distance can be reduced. 5 to 10km is too much for stuff you only want to avoid at runways anyway.

What are the object names for the EWR and SAMS like the BUK and S-300's?

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

One more thing I noticed guys... what ever value for distance for LOD you have in modellod.txt file (for example 2000m) if you have in Graphics.cfg LOD = 2, distance to LOD from modelllod.txt will actually be 4000m.

One more thing I noticed guys... what ever value for distance for LOD you have in modellod.txt file (for example 2000m) if you have in Graphics.cfg LOD = 2, distance to LOD from modelllod.txt will actually be 4000m.

Interesting ( i use LOD 0.85btw )

its just suprising, what major impact these values can have.... and this find is one of the best MODs ever....

Years we were thinking that our PCs are not good enough getting stucked in good made COOP Missions, but with this, it opens a total new field to enjoy lockon. Just shows the lack of product-optimizing :music_whistling:

Maybe im gonna announce a list of most crucial FPS tweaks (not GFX) starting from ps1.1 down to waterimpact-mod..etc etc... if i have time i make a list of all sweeties collected last years.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This bad frame rate with certain ground units was caused by missing low LOD object )from far away) they should to have but didn't... I changed all now (ground units) to LD_Tec1 (some LD_Tec - LD_Tec is about double the size of LD_Tec1 by the way) which are square boxes and this is what most units should have when few Km away

Edited by Kuky

I used it and got same framerates on 169 - I mean POOOOR. My specs is not good, but example on 3Sqn I have very good FPS.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

MiG-S visibility FIX

The problem is right now it's unrealistic and the visual detection is not what it should be.

Mig29K/G. Visual to 7-8 nm, with zoom 9-11 nm.

Mig29S. Visual to 1-2 nm (This plane is about the same shape and size as the K....)

That is the problem

You see the other planes too far and you see the S too short.

It should be fair to have same behaviour on MigS as on MigK/G (though same Jets) and can not be considered as cheat therefore.

To make a Mig-S appear like a Mig-K/G just do this in modellod.txt

// MIG-29C <<< search for MIG-29C (S) and edit lines below

model

{

name = "MIG-29C";

lod = {"MIG-29C", 1000};

lod = {"MIG-29", 20000};

collision = "MIG-29-COLLISION";

}

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^^^^

Let me ad to AS's post above... basically what this will do is tell the game to use 3d model of MiG-29A from far away, and as aircraft get's close to 1Km (actually depending on LOD value from graphics.cfg file) it'll show 3d model of MiG-29S... i tried this with distance swap at 50m and it's not to obvious anyway... at 500m you wouldn't even see the change as both aircraft are same in size and shape... I hope this fixes visibility problem with the MiG-29... opinions and feedback are welcome

Hey AS... just out of curiosity I tried back the original settings... and set MiG-29A and MiG-29S right next to each other... getting further away I can't actually tell any difference... maybe this is just the placebo effect?

Hey AS... just out of curiosity I tried back the original settings... and set MiG-29A and MiG-29S right next to each other... getting further away I can't actually tell any difference... maybe this is just the placebo effect?

hmm it works for me... both S and A

both smoothly fade out get smaller and smaller (how it should be) with no "lod-swtich-disapearance" and at 8-10km i just loose them cuz to small. (no matter if top or side view)

should be real enough i think. (test made with visib-range on MED and lod 0.85)

I think other planes just appear to good

F-15. Smooth visual out to 10-12 nm, with zoom you see him at 18 nm

Su27/33. Smooth visual out to 10-12 nm, with zoom you see him at 18 nm

Mig29K/G. Visual to 7-8 nm, with zoom 9-11 nm.

Mig29S. Visual to 1-2 nm (This plane is about the same shape and size as the K....)

That is the problem

You see the other planes too far and you see the S too short.

Try to see a schoolbus from a hill at 5km ,) or 10km ;) :music_whistling:

Besides Kuky ..some Skins (mig-S) are behaving totally different, maybe that can be reason why u didnt saw difference.

TRY different Mig-S skins ( wiered i know but some do LOD some kinda not)

but like this all are the same. MiG-S is like MiG-A

Edited by A.S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]