Introducing the Virpil Control Panel #2!

HC_Official

13 minutes ago, imacken said:

Nope, they work exactly the same. 

Ok thanks.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

34 minutes ago, dburne said:

Ok thanks.

They are simply labelled as trim wheels by default, but I'd have preferred them to have a central detent, to let you know when the trim is returned to neutral.
Still, more rotaries is always nice: I really missed those while I was using my old Thrustmaster Warthog.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

4 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

They are simply labelled as trim wheels by default, but I'd have preferred them to have a central detent, to let you know when the trim is returned to neutral.
Still, more rotaries is always nice: I really missed those while I was using my old Thrustmaster Warthog.

Yeah I am using mine on the CM3 throttle for some simple on/off things, just not sure I would find a use for more.

Still trying to figure out if I really would make use of the CP2. 

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

5 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

That's why I got the CP1 also as the two analog axis have a center detente.

10 minutes ago, dburne said:

Yeah I am using mine on the CM3 throttle for some simple on/off things, just not sure I would find a use for more.

Still trying to figure out if I really would make use of the CP2. 

Why use rotaries for on/off when you’ve got so many other switches. They are meant for things like brightness (HUD, lower MFD, etc.), radio selection, trim, etc. Anything that has a rotary selector knob in the cockpit. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

22 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

You could always assign the default no trim to the rotary push function.

3 minutes ago, imacken said:

Why use rotaries for on/off when you’ve got so many other switches. They are meant for things like brightness (HUD, lower MFD, etc.), radio selection, trim, etc. Anything that has a rotary selector knob in the cockpit. 

I already have my other buttons/switches assigned  to more important stuff for me, I do use the larger rotaries for HUD and AMPCD brightness in the Hornet.

Edited by dburne

Don B

6 minutes ago, dburne said:

That's not a bad idea! Cheers! :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

19 minutes ago, dburne said:

Default no trim?  How do you assign that in the Hornet?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

7 minutes ago, imacken said:

Default no trim?  How do you assign that in the Hornet?

Not sure I may have been thinking of something else.

Don B

22 hours ago, imacken said:

How do you assign that in the Hornet?

You could perhaps bind T/O trim to it? I don't know how that'd work in-flight. but it definitely resets roll trim ;-)

Spoiler

No, T/O trim is not the same. Sets it to 12. 
I don’t understand what you mean about resetting roll trim. What do you have the button bound to?

I don't have it bound at all. I was just thinking out loud, I barely ever fly the F-18.

Spoiler

OK, it's just that you said '... it definitely resets roll trim', and I was wondering how you did that.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, im too weak.. I gave in the CP#2(B-stock),. Im loving the Hefty weight on these big boy button boxes. Love the way it becomes one big ass Panel I got buttons for days.

https://imgur.com/a/s9zPxpw 

https://imgur.com/a/2NRrAJv

https://imgur.com/a/AMRh0Xp

I still prefer on-on toggles than deadman toggles tho. Btw anybody got a CP1 or CP2 or CM2/3. how do you setup your encoder? coz im still having issues with it when I turn the other way I have to fight with it coz it tries to input back and forth on two inputs(CC/CCW)