Mission 6 - Patrol

FoxTwo

AI flight lead flies like he's drunk. It is almost - and I say that because I did finish successfully - BUT ALMOST COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE TO FLY FORMATION WITH HIM and man is it just an hour and a half of frustration. He will dive 150 feet and LOVES to hug the deck and bleed energy like nobody's business. He also loves to turn into my flight path. This mission is a mess, I get that this is old and probably hasn't been touched in a decade but can someone from ED look at your campaign files and fix them? Please?

AI pathing is a mess on this one, probably others. I'm not looking forward to it if this is how it's going to be for the rest of the campaign.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've put the campaign on hold due to this issue. It seems to be global to at least helis as I've seen the same issue in Spring Tension and Mem of Hero. It's like the AI try and keep a consistent radar altitude rather than barometric, resulting in them closely following the same height from the ground. I had one of the Hinds crash shortly after entering the valley - at least they weren't critical to the mission. Number 3 and 4 got lost at some point and I had to wait several minutes for them to catch up when it was their turn to land. I managed to complete the mission regardless of the issues but it wasn't a fun or immersive experience. I noticed the next mission involved formation flying and decided I can't be bothered with it.

• 1 month later...

It's a hateful mission. Any mission which immediately harasses you to "keep up!" and then just quits with mission failed because you didn't immediately teleport into the proper position is some of the worst mission design you can have. It teaches you nothing, is no fun, and turns you off the whole campaign. I would recommend it just be removed altogether.

• Like 1

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

• 1 month later...

Just played this mission on version 2.7 Stable.

The lead still "follows terrain" a bit too much but it's manageable if you keep some distance and about the same level. Was able to complete the mission on the first try and never got the "keep up!" message.

Try to predict and give it some distance and you should be fine.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Okay, so it's good to see I'm not the only one having problems. I was psyched for the mission, but lead just goes full bore and rises faster then I can and then moves faster than the 100 knots. Instant fail a minute in.

It's good to know that it wasn't just me. I've loved the campaign to this point. I guess I'll wait for an update in the patch notes.

• 7 months later...

I've just completed this mission. I saw this thread earlier and I was worried, but I had no problems whatsoever. Sure, the lead is rather jumpy, his flight altitude is imho too low at times but everything is manageable. I enjoyed this mission very much (best mission so far). Despite its length (75 minutes I think) its not boring at all since we're flying in formation and the views are great.

Open Beta 2.7.17.29140.

PS. One remark regarding the campaign in general though. Whose idea was it to create the FARP base next to the high voltage line? 🤨

Edited by Jascha
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1