How to setup CASE II conditions for Super carrier

Jself

Anyone know how I can make the super carrier go into a CASE II recovery?  I really need the clouds to stay the same for other aspects of the mission (density 9, 5000ft celling / rain)  I can tweak the fog and it will go form Case I to CASE III but no matter what I do I can't get the AI to call out CASE II recovery. 

Case II.PNG

Edited by Jself

The conditions shown on the picture above are for Case III. You need visibility of at least 5nm for Case I and II. As you probably know, for visibility higher than 5nm, the portion between 1,000 to 3,000 is the cloud base window for Case II: below that value we are on Case III and above on Case I. For Case II set the base value between 1,000 and 3,000 for Case II. As simple as that.

I made a mission for practicing Case II with these parameters:

-Base: 1200 (to be forced to step down from 1,200ft to 800ft at 10nm).

-Thickness: máximum (6562)

-Density: 9

No fog enabled

Regards.

Antonio.

Edited by Arink429

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

I did the same... the point is that the Supercarrier comms menu doesn't recognize a difference between Case II and Case III.  In your example, the comms will be labeled "Case II / Case III", and you will not be able to make a "see you at 10" call.   You can enter your own pattern and break, but will then not get a trap grade due to incomplete comms.  And more importantly, any AI aircraft behind you are gonna come straight in on a Case III, so if you fly the break pattern you'll conflict with all proceeding traffic. 

• 3 years later...

I'm also curious do we have a setting for real case II now? 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

I've yet been unable to get the carrier to recognize CASE II even when the weather is clearly CASE II.

That said, I've heard from former pilots that CASE II is rarely ever conducted. Most ops are either I or III. Also considering that CASE II is a blend of I and III, regularly doing I and III traps will prepare you for II anyway in the unlikely event that they occured. There's no logical reason to specifically practice CASE II. 

• 5 weeks later...

I'm able to get clearance for CASE II recovery with clouds preset Overcast and rain 3, even though it seems more like CASE III weather imo. No visual with carrier at 10.