Aim 54 wouldn't go pitbull

Rmnsvn

Hi everyone, 

Tried to google on the issue but no joy so far.

Me flying with my RIO, engaging an airplane with target size set to medium, TTI starts to flash at 16 sec to impact, all good, good kill.

Next shot, exactly the same settings, missile never activates, flies right past the target. 

Next shot, exactly the same settings, missile activates at 5 sec TTI.

In Single player with Jester missile consistantly goes pitbul at 16 sec tti.

All shots made in TWS Auto.

Is it us doing something wrong or is it multiplayer issue?

No track at the moment, they're too heavy and lengthy.

Thanks all for your input

Regards,

Roman

The phoenix doesnt go Pitbull at 16 seconds to impact. Its a rule of thumb.

It depends of distance in fact. So if the contact is maneuvering changing his aspec, it can happen that the missile is never close enough to go active.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

:megalol:

7 minutes ago, Sajarov said:

The phoenix doesnt go Pitbull at 16 seconds to impact. Its a rule of thumb.

It depends of distance in fact. So if the contact is maneuvering changing his aspec, it can happen that the missile is never close enough to go active.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

Thanks for reply. In fact, the engagements were against AI and they behaved pretty similarily. As I mentioned with the second shot the missile flew right past the target (seen it with F6 view) so the distance was much less than 1 mile at the closest point.

@Rmnsvn

First of all you have to keep target in radar cone until TTI will start flashing (54 gone active), 

secondly try to be below target (so radar looks up) at all times to makes it easier for AWG9 to track it.

if track is crossed out that means that AWG9 lost target and now it only guides missile to last known position and speed of target. Chance that missile will never go active is much higher

19 minutes ago, The_Tau said:

@Rmnsvn

First of all you have to keep target in radar cone until TTI will start flashing (54 gone active), 

secondly try to be below target (so radar looks up) at all times to makes it easier for AWG9 to track it.

if track is crossed out that means that AWG9 lost target and now it only guides missile to last known position and speed of target. Chance that missile will never go active is much higher

Alright, I must've mentioned it in the opening post that I'm familliar with the basics of phoenix employment. I guide the missile to the target the whole time until pitbul and usually keep the lock until impact. Again, there's absolutely no problem with Jester, the problem happens only when I fly with a human RIO. 

19 hours ago, Rmnsvn said:

Again, there's absolutely no problem with Jester, the problem happens only when I fly with a human RIO. 

What if you try to fly with Jester on the same MP server?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

3 minutes ago, draconus said:

What if you try to fly with Jester on the same MP server?

Jester works just fine there, no issues.
I also noticed that when my RIO has some 'lags' on his side, my radar seeker won't move on the hud when in PAL/Vertical Scan. Probably related to his FPS or ping.