cockpit night lighting

blue281269

• ED Team

please post a track replay example or screenshot

also your dcs settings

thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi @BIGNEWY - thank you for looking at this.

I'm attaching a short track illustrating the issue, and screenshot of two DDIs (one in night mode and one in day mode, max BRT each). I'm also attaching a track file from a random multiplayer server at night.

Before 2.7, the day setting used at night would correctly almost blind you, and the night setting would be very prominent and, on occasion, even too bright, requiring a small tweak down on the BRT knob. Currently, the night setting is just about bright enough to read, but can't be tweaked up. This is exacerbated in VR, where the difference between night and day mode is extremely small and DDIs are difficult to read. I will attach screenshots of VR once I get them from squadmates.

Track link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jZhxrgkYbheOyhsyLd0bI9b6KvdT_WUA/view?usp=sharing

Screenshot 2021-04-22 163900.jpg

Screenshot 2021-04-22 163909.jpg

:pilotfly: BrotherBloat

I have this happen from time to time. sometimes I enter a mission or if I'm killed and respawn. It's like the gamma slider is set to 1. Restarting the mission with LShift+ R normally solves this in my case. Sometimes I have to repeat it a couple of times before lighting returns to normal. Will see if i can get a track.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

• 2 months later...
2021/4/23 AM6点16分,Svend_Dellepude说:

I have this happen from time to time. sometimes I enter a mission or if I'm killed and respawn. It's like the gamma slider is set to 1. Restarting the mission with LShift+ R normally solves this in my case. Sometimes I have to repeat it a couple of times before lighting returns to normal. Will see if i can get a track.

I also encountered the same problem. The brightness of the game is normal the first time I enter the game, but I will encounter the problem of sudden dimming when I enter the game several times, just like the gamma value is set to 1.