Quaggles - DCS Input Command Injector Mod - Store custom input commands safely in Saved Games instead of merging them with developer changes each update

Quaggles

8 minutes ago, Quaggles said:

Version 1.0.11 released: https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-input-command-injector/releases/tag/1.0.11

* Updated mod to be compatible with DCS 2.9.3.51704 Data.lua changes

Nice! Thanks for the swift update!

• Like 2

This is the First Mod I install after each Update!  This Injector is awesome!

• Like 2
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2021 at 6:08 PM, Quaggles said:

Until now the solution was to find the control definition file DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick\default.lua and insert your custom command somewhere inside of it, if you weren't using a mod manager then every time the game was updated your change would be erased and you'd need reinsert your commands into the files for every aircraft you changed.

Hey there everyone, DCS no longer seems to use this Mods\aircraft\ structure so I'm at a bit of a loss following the installation instructions. All my plane configs are in \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input (scratch this, I found the folder in the main game folder)

I've put the input commands here \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\InputCommands

None of the commands seem to show up when I look for them in a search, I've confirmed folder names match those above.

Scratch the question, leave post here for others who hit what I did.

OVGME setup I put my "config" folder to my Saved Games location, needed to be the root of DCS over in Program Files.

Edited by Simm0
Fixed the problem
  • Like 1

Hey there everyone, DCS no longer seems to use this Mods\aircraft\ structure so I'm at a bit of a loss following the installation instructions. All my plane configs are in \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input (scratch this, I found the folder in the main game folder)
I've put the input commands here \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\InputCommands
None of the commands seem to show up when I look for them in a search, I've confirmed folder names match those above.
Scratch the question, leave post here for others who hit what I did.
OVGME setup I put my "config" folder to my Saved Games location, needed to be the root of DCS over in Program Files.
Happy you solved it. When all else fails, have a look at the instructions.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk