Civilian Objects And Vehicles

On 2/9/2023 at 8:09 PM, Presidium said:

Oh man! I've been fooling around with those vehicles!!! and they're incredible!! The lightbars are amazing!
THANKS AGAIN buddy!!!!
PD: If I make a "High Speed chase  Cops TV Show for DCS" 🚔 🚔 you are the one to blame 😄

Thank you and great pics!

Looking forward to the high speed chase 😛

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

Thank you and great pics!

Looking forward to the high speed chase 😛

Pardon me as I cough (EightBall-EightBall) Sorry for that. A squad car in the night gets a call to patrol a Building (Not made in the game yet Eight Ball) He drives around the Highrise. It is nice and quiet here. He sees nothing out of place so he starts to backup and then Gun fire  Machine Gun fire hits his Patrol Car He slams on the Gas and goes over a elevation change wall and calls for help Officer Under Fire Requesting Backup at Nakatomi Plaza!!! (The new Building you put in the game) THEN I come in Flying my HUEY and save the Day You know the one with the FBI guy in the Door You Remember that one Right? Yippee Ki Yay 

Edited by DishDoggie
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 11:03 AM, DishDoggie said:

Pardon me as I cough (EightBall-EightBall) Sorry for that. A squad car in the night gets a call to patrol a Building (Not made in the game yet Eight Ball) He drives around the Highrise. It is nice and quiet here. He sees nothing out of place so he starts to backup and then Gun fire  Machine Gun fire hits his Patrol Car He slams on the Gas and goes over a elevation change wall and calls for help Officer Under Fire Requesting Backup at Nakatomi Plaza!!! (The new Building you put in the game) THEN I come in Flying my HUEY and save the Day You know the one with the FBI guy in the Door You Remember that one Right? Yippee Ki Yay 

😁👍

------------------------------------------

• Like 19

Hello and thank you for this amazing addon pack.

Can anyone please explain how I can take control of a driveable craft? I tried to recreate that shown in this YT video, but I cannot make it move. The craft stays frozen when I enter the test mission I created. It does not respond to my hotas inputs.

Thank you!

56 minutes ago, nivam said:

Hello and thank you for this amazing addon pack.

Can anyone please explain how I can take control of a driveable craft? I tried to recreate that shown in this YT video, but I cannot make it move. The craft stays frozen when I enter the test mission I created. It does not respond to my hotas inputs.

Thank you!

Have you "Combined Arms" module ?

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

3 hours ago, nivam said:

Make sure you've selected the ship from the right category (the ground unit category) and that the "player can drive" is ticked

image.png

Once ingame it behaves just like any other CA vehicle.

17 hours ago, MegaTherion666 said:

The 'old vessel' and tug look fairly passable in a WWII setting: but I'd love to see something like a era-suitable passenger ocean liner for a big juicy target in shipping convoys

I personally have no interest in WWII. That being said I wouldn't be against converting a decent model from that era if it didn't require too much work but such models are pretty hard to come by. For example, that model you've shared isn't suitable for DCS and would require tons of work to make it look half decent.

• Like 1

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Eight Ball:

Make sure you've selected the ship from the right category (the ground unit category) and that the "player can drive" is ticked

image.png

Once ingame it behaves just like any other CA vehicle.

I personally have no interest in WWII. That being said I wouldn't be against converting a decent model from that era if it didn't require too much work but such models are pretty hard to come by. For example, that model you've shared isn't suitable for DCS and would require tons of work to make it look half decent.

and what about this on?

Dithmarschen Supply Ship » Pack 3D models (p3dm.ru)

I know this sounds macabre, but could you please add some swimming people that we can move with waypoints, some treading water / floating people we can move with waypoints, and yes, some dead floating people - so if the SAR players don’t get to them in time, they perish? 

Edited by Elphaba
  • Like 1

The Life Raft has 0 speed...no propulsion, I guess.  Now, you'd certainly expect that.  However, it cannot drift in the wind, and there's no ocean currents in DCS.  And it's not tethered like buoys.  So, if you could give it a max speed of 2 knots, we could set it to 1 or 2 knots and give it a course to simulate its drifting with the wind (or ocean current, if you wish).  I'm not sure how much difference that will make, but in one hour it would be 1 to 2 nm from where it was placed.

Also, can someone create a script to place it randomly in a specified area (map point and radius?) and then (optionally) hide it from the map view?  Then we can fly out in whatever we wish to try to find it.  Would any surface search radars be able to see it.  If it was randomly placed in a 25nm radius zone, would 1 to 2 kts drift make any difference to the effort to find it?  Not sure, but it seems a neat idea to have it drift. 😀   In most cases it would eventually drift ashore...except for the Marianas map! 😀

• Like 1

Just now, Andrew8604 said:

The Life Raft has 0 speed...no propulsion, I guess.  Now, you'd certainly expect that.  However, it cannot drift in the wind, and there's no ocean currents in DCS.  And it's not tethered like buoys.  So, if you could give it a max speed of 2 knots, we could set it to 1 or 2 knots and give it a course to simulate its drifting with the wind (or ocean current, if you wish).  I'm not sure how much difference that will make, but in one hour it would be 1 to 2 nm from where it was placed.

Also, can someone create a script to place it randomly in a specified area (map point and radius?) and then (optionally) hide it from the map view?  Then we can fly out in whatever we wish to try to find it.  Would any surface search radars be able to see it.  If it was randomly placed in a 25nm radius zone, would 1 to 2 kts drift make any difference to the effort to find it?  Not sure, but it seems a neat idea to have it drift. 😀   In most cases it would eventually drift ashore...except for the Marianas map! 😀

The Life Raft already has the ability to 'simulate' drift by having a speed and waypoints. Eight Ball sorted that. 

Doing it to 'people' models is identical.

• Like 1

On the vehicles that have speedometers and other gauges (eventually all of them, I hope)...like the SUV...is there any chance you could make those things work?  Speedometer, tachometer, temperature, fuel level?  That would be so cool!  Also, the indicator lights...low oil pressure, low fuel, high coolant temperature, etc.  And can you make the dash lights to light up the gauges at night?  A dome light, too?  Can you let us vary the brightness of the headlights, and have a high and low beam switch?  Any chance of getting the rear-view mirrors to work?  How about defining fuel quantity on the vehicles and fuel consumption and gas stations where we can refuel?  I know I am asking a lot.

How about a radio that can play mp3 files or some sort of audio file, or one of a set of 6 or so files to simulate different stations?  And set those audio files to a frequency and transmitter location so that the signal and static interference strength changes with our vehicle's distance from the station?

I have found it fun to drive the road from Batumi, eastward through the mountains.  I place 15 to 25 AI vehicles of yours going the opposite direction, spaced out from each other various distances and sometimes in groups of 2 or 3, all set to "on road".  It makes for realistic traffic on a rural road.  I turn off "civilian traffic" in DCS's settings, because those vehicles are low-res and cannot collide.  I like your police cars with the lights flashing!  The summit of the road is about 6100 feet above sea level.  I set cloud bases to about 6500' or so and it can get a little foggy up there. (I'm still in version 2.7...getting ready to try 2.8)

I know this is DCS, a combat simulator, but I'm having a blast just driving the highway through the mountains!!  Your vehicles are awesome!  Thank you!  I have most of the aircraft modules, so I'm not freeloading on this simulator. 😆   But this could be a whole separate game, with more effort into making the roads proper and including some mountain "truck trails".  There's lots of room on just the Caucasus map for that.  With better vehicle physics simulation, this could be a great driving simulator, especially in VR.

Also, how about a hi-fidelity Willys Jeep?  Take the one from WWII Assets Pack and add working gauges, knobs, headlight, taillights and brake lights.  And modify its engine power and gears, include a two-speed transfer case...so it can actually make it up hills.  Add an optional SCR-284 radio box mounted in the rear seat area of the Jeep that can be tuned like those in aircraft.  Add ability to lower the top and the windshield.  And a place to stow an M1 rifle.  Also, an optional center post mount for a 30-cal or 50-cal machine gun.  And add multicrew with 4 positions: driver, front passenger and two rear passengers, one of which can operate the gun, if mounted.  Add a Jeep trailer, a towed 37mm gun and a towed 105mm howitzer.  And of course, do similarly with other "scout" vehicles.  (I should put this one in a wish list somewhere, I guess.)

2 minutes ago, Andrew8604 said:

How about a radio that can play mp3 files or some sort of audio file, or one of a set of 6 or so files to simulate different stations?  And set those audio files to a frequency and transmitter location so that the signal and static interference strength changes with our vehicle's distance from the station?

Look into SRS and STTS.

58 minutes ago, Elphaba said:

The Life Raft already has the ability to 'simulate' drift by having a speed and waypoints. Eight Ball sorted that. 

Doing it to 'people' models is identical.

Oh!  Cool!  But I couldn't do it.  ME kept setting speed back to zero.  Maybe I need to upgrade.  I'm still using a version of 2.7 from about August of '22.  Maybe that's it?  Or do I need to just set a path and it will drift.  Maybe there's no need to set speed?  I like the idea of the swimmer, too.  Do we have any helicopters with a rescue hoist?

On 12/24/2022 at 6:33 AM, Eight Ball said:

oh and my apologies, I completely forgot to answer this:

On 12/8/2022 at 4:08 PM, Elphaba said:

Is this something I could do with some lua changes or is it a WHOLE big thing to change? 

It's pretty easy, you can edit the life_raft_yellow.lua in DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Civilian Assets Pack - Navy v2.5\Database\CAP Ships.

At the top (line18) you will find : GT.max_velocity = 0.20222

That's the max speed in m/s

@Andrew8604 Here...

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2023 at 6:55 AM, Elphaba said:

I know this sounds macabre, but could you please add some swimming people that we can move with waypoints, some treading water / floating people we can move with waypoints, and yes, some dead floating people - so if the SAR players don’t get to them in time, they perish? 

I'll look into it for the next update.

13 hours ago, Andrew8604 said:

On the vehicles that have speedometers and other gauges (eventually all of them, I hope)...like the SUV...is there any chance you could make those things work?  Speedometer, tachometer, temperature, fuel level?  That would be so cool!  Also, the indicator lights...low oil pressure, low fuel, high coolant temperature, etc.  And can you make the dash lights to light up the gauges at night?  A dome light, too?  Can you let us vary the brightness of the headlights, and have a high and low beam switch?  Any chance of getting the rear-view mirrors to work?  How about defining fuel quantity on the vehicles and fuel consumption and gas stations where we can refuel?  I know I am asking a lot.

I have found it fun to drive the road from Batumi, eastward through the mountains.  I place 15 to 25 AI vehicles of yours going the opposite direction, spaced out from each other various distances and sometimes in groups of 2 or 3, all set to "on road".  It makes for realistic traffic on a rural road.  I turn off "civilian traffic" in DCS's settings, because those vehicles are low-res and cannot collide.  I like your police cars with the lights flashing!  The summit of the road is about 6100 feet above sea level.  I set cloud bases to about 6500' or so and it can get a little foggy up there. (I'm still in version 2.7...getting ready to try 2.8)

I know this is DCS, a combat simulator, but I'm having a blast just driving the highway through the mountains!!  Your vehicles are awesome!  Thank you!  I have most of the aircraft modules, so I'm not freeloading on this simulator. 😆   But this could be a whole separate game, with more effort into making the roads proper and including some mountain "truck trails".  There's lots of room on just the Caucasus map for that.  With better vehicle physics simulation, this could be a great driving simulator, especially in VR.

Also, how about a hi-fidelity Willys Jeep?  Take the one from WWII Assets Pack and add working gauges, knobs, headlight, taillights and brake lights.  And modify its engine power and gears, include a two-speed transfer case...so it can actually make it up hills.  Add an optional SCR-284 radio box mounted in the rear seat area of the Jeep that can be tuned like those in aircraft.  Add ability to lower the top and the windshield.  And a place to stow an M1 rifle.  Also, an optional center post mount for a 30-cal or 50-cal machine gun.  And add multicrew with 4 positions: driver, front passenger and two rear passengers, one of which can operate the gun, if mounted.  Add a Jeep trailer, a towed 37mm gun and a towed 105mm howitzer.  And of course, do similarly with other "scout" vehicles.  (I should put this one in a wish list somewhere, I guess.)

Unfortunately none of that is possible with Combined Arms vehicles.

While in theory it's possible to make a "standalone" ground vehicle module it would be a substantial undertaking and I don't really have the time or the skills to do something like that.

7 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

I'll look into it for the next update.

Unfortunately none of that is possible with Combined Arms vehicles.

While in theory it's possible to make a "standalone" ground vehicle module it would be a substantial undertaking and I don't really have the time or the skills to do something like that.

Darn!  Well thanks, anyway!  Thanks for what you have provided!  🙂

@Eight BallAs A fan of your Popular Work I just love making rescue missions with your Work. I know how hard you have to work at all you do. I feel bad even asking and will understand a No answer. I want to put people on to of the platform of the Wind turbine the Ship is putting the last blade on to simulate a hurt worker  I need to hover up to the Platform to get him for transport. The platform will not hold people on it. Can it be made to?

eight ball request.jpg

Edited by DishDoggie

4 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

You need to link the guy to the ship using the "link unit" feature.

HA HA HA I am so so SORRY I found this out after a good nights sleep and then and only then My Brain said to me Hello Buck Snort Today you will Link the People to the Ship and You will then hope you can delete your help request because you're a old man with a dusty old brain lol Ha Ha Ha wait till you get old and...and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Thank You. lol I'm a hot mess.

• Like 1