Jester multiplayer air to air refueling issue?

roobarbjapan

Hello all, 

tl:dr. If you miss the basket while trying to refuel online jester gets stuck in a comment loop.

I'm fairly new to DCS and the F-14 but I am enjoying it immensely. I recently ventured online and to try and get into a good habit and practice when ever I launch from the carrier I try to top up the tanks ASAP.  

The issue is with the Jester comments when connecting with the air to air refueling basket. If I miss the basket he seems to get stuck in a loop calling out every basket related line of dialogue, one after another, until they are exhausted or until I do something to break the loop. This happened on various servers when tanking from the  KC-135. It does not happen offline, just 1 or 2 comments as usual. 

Apologies if this is a known issue. 

Im in 2.7 steam version with only the F-14 and super carrier modules. I did an integrity check via steam and all was ok. 

Thanks,

roobarb

I really wish HB would add a Jester Menu option to set him to "Fuel call outs only" to not be blasted by 100 star wars puns and jokes in rapid succession. I'm fine with his occasional jokes but the spamming of it during a moment where I have to conencentrate is really annoying 😆

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 5:23 AM, HunterICX said:

I really wish HB would add a Jester Menu option to set him to "Fuel call outs only" to not be blasted by 100 star wars puns and jokes in rapid succession. I'm fine with his occasional jokes but the spamming of it during a moment where I have to conencentrate is really annoying 😆

Just tell him to be quiet before you plug then reenable it after.

12 hours ago, eagleace21 said:

Just tell him to be quiet before you plug then reenable it after

No fuel calls then.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

15 hours ago, Folgers said:

When you reenable it you get them

Right, I forgot that he says jokes only before the connection.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

The problem of making "witty" banter for videogames is that they grow old really damn fast (think of all the sports games you've played and how quickly commentary gets turned off).

You get to a certain point and you just want information, not star wars jokes.

Edited by Wavehopper
  • Like 1