Possible to install legacy DCS parallel to 2.7?

frumpy

Hi there,

I still have the original Black Shark sim on a DVD with a serial which I would like to install for historic reasons - also to try out the BS 🙂

In the past I had some trouble running 1.5.7 and 2.5 in parallel, as they seem to use the same configuration files in Windows' /users-folder.

Is that possible, or will I run into a myriad of trouble?

You stated that you, yourself, had troubles in the past running multiple versions. So that might continue for you. I have run (quite a while ago) 3 versions and all had there own save game folders. From memory I remember having to do some editing in the registry. (something about each install being named beta, release and stable)

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

Hi there,

I still have the original Black Shark sim on a DVD with a serial which I would like to install for historic reasons - also to try out the BS

In the past I had some trouble running 1.5.7 and 2.5 in parallel, as they seem to use the same configuration files in Windows' /users-folder.

Try to make a variant.txt (?) file in the root folder. And in the file type "legacy" or something. In your "Saves Games" I hope there should be created a "DCS.legacy" folder.
Hope this puts you on the right track.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, frumpy said:

I still have the original Black Shark sim on a DVD with a serial which I would like to install for historic reasons - also to try out the BS 🙂

The original Blackshark is an independent game, it has nothing in common with DCS, so there should be no problem to install it alongside DCS ... apart from the fact that the original Blackshark is a Windows XP-era game and its copy protection may not work on Windows 10.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB