Leap Support!!!

vor 25 Minuten schrieb mimikiwi:

I can confirm the latest update does fix the leap motion with the latest gemini drivers. However I am still facing the issue of alway re-enabling the DCS ultraleap support every time the sim starts. But more annoying is the hands disappearing after a while. I usually am able to perform a cold start, but as soon as I am in the air and have the hands on the HOTAS for extended periods one or both hands stop appearing. A reset of the leap support sometimes works in bringing a single hand back and sometimes both, but it is still very flaky. I have tried disabling VR mouse and the same problem remains, it even feels the hands sometimes stay visible in their last tracked position which I never had before. So it still needs some work but I like the steady progress the good people of ED are making on the subject. I’ll keep trying if there is a workaround to always keep the hands working in a flight…

Do you know how to write apps?

I'm afraid that otherwise we will have to wait a very long time for a better implementation of leapmotion.

This guy is trying something out for the civilian flight simulator right now....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKtsjz6cLj4

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2021 at 12:57 PM, A.F. said:

Do you know how to write apps?

I'm afraid that otherwise we will have to wait a very long time for a better implementation of leapmotion.

This guy is trying something out for the civilian flight simulator right now....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKtsjz6cLj4

Yes, I’ve seen part of that project on the forums of said simulator already. Looks awesome indeed. I am a software developer but I am afraid I don’t have the time or the knowledge to build something like that. But the basis for all of this has been laid already in DCS, it just needs some finetuning. For example yesterday I did a whole mission where the hand tracking was working most of the time and it was great. I simply use the mouse as backup.

I think what annoys me is that ED doesn't manage to edit at least one thing.
With me the right hand disappears after some time, DCS does not recognize leap motion at startup, I have to confirm every time that I do not want to use the pointer…
What improvements has Gemini 5.2 brought?

OK, ED is of course not inactive and brings many improvements in many other areas.
And maybe I'm a bit impatient as far as leap motion is concerned.
But no improvements at all to the previous version...😥

• Like 1

I have found out something regarding the disappearance of the hands:
If I use the option "hands use cockpit throttle", then the hands do not disappear and everything works fine.

However, if I set this option to "off", then my left hand disappears as soon as I touch the throttle.

The same applies to the right hand and the stick.

So far so good.

So I can't have my throttle near the virtual throttle, because otherwise the virtual hand grabs the throttle and then does things I don't want.

I also observe a slight "shaking" of the throttle/stick when the option is turned off.

This trembling disappears when I set the throttle to the "off" position or to "full".
Between these positions it trembles.

I don't know if this is a problem with my system or a bug in the software

• Like 1

This is exactly the pourpose of those settings: avoid unwanted stick/throttle interaction.

Another problem is when the right hand disappear without reason, even when is far for the controls, and this is a bug; a workaround to solve this problem can be to "disable mouse" in VR (you must use the head to move the pointer)

Sorry for my english...

Hello,

I commented  my problem in another forum site, but I have seen that EA would like we consultall our problems with Lead motion in this thread (or I have seemed to understand that), so I repeat my problem here.

DCS don´t let me enable the option in the Options / special menu, it asks me to connect the device (which I have already done).

I have tried with "Ultraleap_Tracking_Installer_5.2.0_win64" and "Ultraleap_Tracking_Installer_5.3.1_win64".

Any suggesgions?

Thanks

Edited by pabletesoy

Have you copied the leap motion DLL from the leap motion visualiser folder to the dcs one, overwriting the original?

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Do you have the three red IR emitters visible on the front face of the leap motion unit? You might need to turn the lights off to see them.  If the red lights aren't visible simply unplug and replug the usb cable on the unit, they should then light up.  I have had instances where the leap motion controller has gone to sleep and not woken up, not sure if this is a windows or leap motion issue but replugging it takes seconds.

Does the unit display and track the hands when you run the leap visualiser?

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat

6 hours ago, pabletesoy said:

Now I can interact with the game but I can't configure it in the options menu ...

tee.jpg

@pabletesoy, you don't have the Ultraleap 'touchfree' application running do you?  That will give you a cursor that looks like the above but won't give you fully 3D interaction...

Turn it off then 🙂

You just need to have the control panel running in the notification bar.

2 hours ago, pabletesoy said:

Still not working ...😪

ttt.jpg

I don’t recognize those leap motion control panel screens. I am using the leap motion 5.3.1 gemini release which has no more calibration for example. Are you sure you have uninstalled the old version and installed the new version? It should not have a calibration mode anymore…

2 hours ago, pabletesoy said:

I have performed a CDS file repair to try, but nothing, it does not solve the problem. I copy LeapC.dll again, either. I don't know if you can give me any more options ...

Believe it or not @pabletesoy I think we're making progress!  At this point I would uninstall everything leap related and start over (again, I know).  Also remove the LeapC.dll from DCS.  go and install ONLY the leap gemini 5.3.1 release (the latest one): https://developer.leapmotion.com/tracking-software-download

2022-01-04 08_13_58-Download Ultraleap's Hand Tracking Software — Ultraleap for Developers.png

Run that, install it, and then restart the PC.  You should now see only one leap icon in the system tray:

2022-01-04 08_10_40-Clipboard.png

That's the one you want.  Now start up DCS and it should be able to connect.  You MAY need to copy the new LeapC.dll into the dcs folder again though.

I really hope this helps!

Sielu,

first of all to thank you for making everything so clear. I have followed in your steps, which brings me to my initial position, just when I started to install everything with the 5.3.1  version.

This time I have deleted the file and run DCS, getting a new message: Libray "edLeapMOtion" is not found. So, I have copied LeapC.dll form C:\Program Files\Ultraleap\TrackingVisualizer\TrackingVisualizer_Data\Plugins to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin, and  I have the same old message again: connect the device. I have the same problem again ...

and again...

and again🤔

ssss.jpg

ssddff.jpg

41 minutes ago, pabletesoy said:

ssddff.jpg

Happy to at least try to help!  Interestingly enough I get the same "connect device" warning when attempting to activate LEAP without VR on, are you trying to do this without a VR Headset?

2022-01-04 12_54_22-Clipboard.png

10 minutes ago, pabletesoy said:

What a shame ... is the VR Headset necessary? because I don't have VR...

It's necessary to get the 3D Hand interaction, I believe.  Honestly though, based on my experience you are not missing much just yet.

You can (and it appears, already have) use the Leap to mimick a cursor to interact with DCS though.  Are you strapping the device to your head or do you have it placed in front of your screen?

The 'touchfree' app with the little white dot is probably going to be the best you can do, although there may be better cursor emulators out there.  I found touchfree to be very resource intensive and moved over to @frenzon's "Fingers" app, but this is designed to view your hands from your head, so unless you're strapping the Leap device to your head it may not be as useful.

Edited by Sielu

Oooh, what a disappointment, I thought it was a device that did not depend on VR ..... I'm sorry you have lost so much time and the problem was mine for being misinformed. 

Ñead motion dosen,t works fine in DCS using only 'touchfree' app. I will keep looking for alternatives

Thanks for the help

Regarding the latest OB update and leap motion. Tracking seems about the same, possibly a little better but that could be an offshoot of me improving the area for tracking.

The right hand disappearing issue is better, as soon as input is added on the stick the hand switches off and generally is much more reliable coming back. I think there is a dead zone set on the controls that sometimes doesn't seem to get recognised with my warthog. Generally if the right hand doesn't come back straight away then all that is needed is a slight waggle of the stick on centre and it's sorted. I may try setting a small dead zone on the axis add I don't have one at the moment. The left hand nearly always comes back but I guess there is less variable motion to watch for in the throttle axis than stick (movement only in one plane).

The skeletal/hand coordination is still off, knife hand still converges the fingertips and ok sign thumb and forefinger don't meet; these are minor issues as they don't affect the SIM operation at all.

Biggest complaint at the moment is the lack of persistent settings for leap motion, having to renable and reset it each time is annoying and I never remember to do it 😄

Edited by edmuss
  • Like 1