How do you drop bombs

AKA_Clutter

As the title states.  I can fire unguided rockets, both kinds of Pods, and the ATGM but I can't drop the bombs. 

Do you "jettison" them after using the jettison arming switch?

Thanks

Forgot to tag to follow

Edited by AKA_Clutter

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

1. Make sure the armament circuits at on (up) in the front seat
  2. To release from the rear seat, make sure "FIRE CTRL" is enabled on the armament panel, and BOMB is selected using the selector switch (you should see BOMB illuminated under the HUD)
  3. To release from the front seat, make sure you have weapons armed and assumed controls (two guarded switches on the left of the forward panel), and BOMB is selected on the selector switch
  4. From either seat, press Release Weapons (RAlt + Space by default) to release the bombs

I'm still working on aiming...

• Thanks 1

run come save me

12 minutes ago, Scofflaw said:
  1. Make sure the armament circuits at on (up) in the front seat
  2. To release from the rear seat, make sure "FIRE CTRL" is enabled on the armament panel, and BOMB is selected using the selector switch (you should see BOMB illuminated under the HUD)
  3. To release from the front seat, make sure you have weapons armed and assumed controls (two guarded switches on the left of the forward panel), and BOMB is selected on the selector switch
  4. From either seat, press Release Weapons (RAlt + Space by default) to release the bombs

I'm still working on aiming...

This works with a hot start, but I cannot get it working with a cold Autostart. Can you? Any suggestions?

54 minutes ago, Bailey said:

This works with a hot start, but I cannot get it working with a cold Autostart. Can you? Any suggestions?

I spent 30 minutes trying to release the bombs only to notice I had submunition dispensers instead of bombs.

Anyway, with bombs mounted, I tried a cold start, and also using the auto start, and I can't seem to drop bombs either.  I checked all the switches and they seem to be correct, so maybe it's a bug.

run come save me

Put on Bombs , arm helo like ATGM setup.

Make picture like so.... set a button to Jettison Pylons.
Fly over target....push button ...stores fall away armed and explode stuff. (warning , reset button before next rearm ..otherwise fall off on tarmac and removes winglets)

RTB and drink Vodka

Capture.PNG

example of accidental drop on tarmac , but now you are lighter and flying with glorious Russian magnetic bombs.

Screen_210618_214947.png

Edited by Karuptsock
Update
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scofflaw said:

I spent 30 minutes trying to release the bombs only to notice I had submunition dispensers instead of bombs.

Anyway, with bombs mounted, I tried a cold start, and also using the auto start, and I can't seem to drop bombs either.  I checked all the switches and they seem to be correct, so maybe it's a bug.

I too just tied a hot start and a cold start.  Bombs drop in a hot start but not a cold start.

I haven't tried the method suggested by Karupstock.  

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

38 minutes ago, Schmidtfire said:

Is there a way to release KGMU munitions without getting into the front seat? Did try in multiplayer yesterday, but could not get the dispensers to work.     

Like with some other things, you need to bind the buttons for the front seat... However it seems the KGMU suffers from the same cold start issue that is being described for the bombs above.

EDIT: also, I believe I've noticed that the default keybind leaves the button pressed in, so you might only get one shot at dropping them.

Edited by LazyBoot