Recon mission type

Stalintc

Hi all,

Ive been looking for a list of what mission types are likely to be possible in Black Shark with little success. I realise that goals of destroying things are going to be indefinate...

..But I would really like to know if there are any possibilities of recon missions being created which require you to reconoiter an area for the mission to be successful.

The reason I ask is because I really enjoy missions like this where the objective is to sneak around and gather data without actually firing a shot! I have been involved in a Steel Beasts virtual unit before and I was assigned the role of Recon unit for this, as I really enjoy playing in this role :)

Any answers gratefully recieved!

Only a few months away from the fun that is hovering around buildings and trees playing peek a boo with ground targets! woo!

Cheers!

Edited by Stalintc
spelling errors... smack head....

Recon missions are great. Luckily we get a very nice mission editor shipped with BS. So recon missions will definatelly come out sooner or later. Kinda like ArmA and its million missinos made by community people. And since the ME now supports triggers and such, missions can be made very very nice. Even trigger off sound recordings for example radio chatter that comes up at certain steer points/locations.

A recon mission out of the box would be nice indeed, but rest assured, we will have all the missions we like in just a little while after release. At least i forsee this as i know many here love to make missions, including myself. ;)

Best regards

Alex

• Like 1

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

Recon missions are great. Luckily we get a very nice mission editor shipped with BS. So recon missions will definatelly come out sooner or later. Kinda like ArmA and its million missinos made by community people. And since the ME now supports triggers and such, missions can be made very very nice. Even trigger off sound recordings for example radio chatter that comes up at certain steer points/locations.

A recon mission out of the box would be nice indeed, but rest assured, we will have all the missions we like in just a little while after release. At least i forsee this as i know many here love to make missions, including myself. ;)

Best regards

Alex

Marvellous! I had no idea the ME had been overhauled for BS, I was thinking in horror that it may still be like the limited ME for lockon! That is very gratifying news to hear.

If its that well thought out I might just well give missions designing a go myself when it comes out, I love versatile editors like the one found in ARMA. The possibilities are endless.

Thanks for your response Alex, that is a very useful reply! rep inbound! :thumbup:

Cheers!

• ED Team

Correct - Recon missions can be easily created. For those interested in evaluating threats for shipping (as in pirates off the Somalia coast), there is an insurgent speedboat armed with a heavy machine gun. Therefore you can create a mission "observe shipping lanes and ensure there is no threat from insurgents/pirates".

Edited by JimMack
spelling!

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Correct - Recon missions can be easily created. For those interested in evaluating threats for shipping (as in pirates off the Somalia coast), there is an insurgent speedboat armed with a heavy machine gun. Therefore you can create a mission "observe shipping lanes and ensure there is no threat from insurgents/pirates".

Awesome, exactly what the doctor ordered! :thumbup:

You could take it one step further with multiplayer. Have a wing pair go out and ID targets for a strike package. Send info to strike package, strike package launch and take out the designated target by the recon team.

Recon multiplayer missions could be a LOT of fun. It's always great to have specific individual mission objectives...really promotes teamwork.

You could take it one step further with multiplayer. Have a wing pair go out and ID targets for a strike package. Send info to strike package, strike package launch and take out the designated target by the recon team.

Recon multiplayer missions could be a LOT of fun. It's always great to have specific individual mission objectives...really promotes teamwork.

Really looking forward to that!

Bear

New ME sounds like real fun!

In one of Matt's producre's notes (not sure which one it was) he was flying over (crossing) quite a big river. I just imagined putting one of those armed speedboats in that river and then chasing it with the KA-50. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
New ME sounds like real fun!

In one of Matt's producre's notes (not sure which one it was) he was flying over (crossing) quite a big river. I just imagined putting one of those armed speedboats in that river and then chasing it with the KA-50. :joystick:

Sorry, for certain technical reasons, speedboats can not operate on rivers. However, you can still create interesting missions. I have a test mission where insurgents are moving to attack a tanker in port from land and sea (hugging the coast). Mission is to identify the most immediate and greatest threat, and send your armed wingman to neutralise it in time. The HMG on the speedboat can set a tanker on fire, but it takes time, about 10 minutes.

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Sorry, for certain technical reasons, speedboats can not operate on rivers. However, you can still create interesting missions. I have a test mission where insurgents are moving to attack a tanker in port from land and sea (hugging the coast). Mission is to identify the most immediate and greatest threat, and send your armed wingman to neutralise it in time. The HMG on the speedboat can set a tanker on fire, but it takes time, about 10 minutes.

Couldn't this be done by triggers? Like Boat xy arrives within 50m of tanker = bang?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Couldn't this be done by triggers? Like Boat xy arrives within 50m of tanker = bang?

It could be, but it would not be realistic. In real life you have to put a lot of rounds into a ship to start it burning.

• ED Team
True! Question is, if they intended the HMG for self-defense or for attacking tankers. :D

Do a google search - pirates somali - it is a real current problem

Do a google search - pirates somali - it is a real current problem

Okay, let me make my last statement more clear:

Question is, if they intended the HMG for self-defense or for SINKING tankers.

Don't ge me wrong, the boat is a great idea, but you didn't convince me, yet, that these boats were put into the game to fire at a tanker for 10 minutes to get it burning. Pirates either do quick raids or they hijack the ship. They may even sink the boat after their raids, but I never read a report of a supertanker being sunk by HMG fire from pirates. :wassat:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]