Project New Su-27 by 3GO WorkGroup

SkieRider

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To make the lights glow, you dont need to set anything in the lomutils. U simply use a tga texture and in the material editor u set some settings to alpha, dont remember exactly, but here is a link that explains how to do it:

http://www.lockon-models.com/index.php?showtopic=221&hl=light

You have to register to view the post. Good luck!:thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks for the new screenshots, the Flanker is looking pretty nice already, but if I may just make few sugestions on how to make it a bit better. See those front main wing slats (the one's that extend automatically with high AoAslow speed) are very flat and I think they should be bit rounded (to have that aerodynamic cross section profile that wings have) also from those screenshots the weapon pylons look bit low polly... are you guys gonna work bit more on them? See the cockpit glass is very nice and rounded, the nose of the aircraft is also pretty nice but the area where main wings meet the fuselage at the front is showing as having only 1 point to make the curvature and it's too edgy I think and I think if you can you should round it bit more to give it the Flanker slik silouete whichit has in real life...

So overall the shape is already pretty decent but to make it really superb I think you guys should work little more on rounding wings a bit, also vertical stabilisator (it also seems very flat. Sure it would give it bit more polys but I think it would be well worth it.

gee, I sound very critical don't I :)

Edited by Kuky
  • Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

Dont worry Kuky, I sound 10 times for critical when I was talking about detail, you can ask Yeniceri that lol.

Btw, i don't think this question has been answered yet: does this model have damage model. All future models should have damage model. And for the Su-27, it should be pretty easy because we can only follow the original stock model's damage otherwise it won't be triggered properly. The plane seems to break only on the wings and tails. I never seen it break in half.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the new screenshots, the Flanker is looking pretty nice already, but if I may just make few sugestions on how to make it a bit better. See those front main wing slats (the one's that extend automatically with high AoAslow........

Thanks for your advice! And I have already rounded the slats....

It looks much better now,doesn's it?;)

And the pylons.....I will try to add more polys if I can.:bounce:

830258124_.jpg.4f79919044c95f34a314827533dce132.jpg

Thanks for your advice! And I have already rounded the slats....

It looks much better now,doesn's it?;)

And the pylons.....I will try to add more polys if I can.:bounce:

Thanks for the screenshot... I am not sure if I get this right but I think you're rounded the front edge a bit right so it doesn't look raser sharp?

I was thinking more of giving the wing and slats on the upper surface a more nice curved surface. You know what I mean? The wing's top surface is not straight out flat... it's curved, and so are the slats (tail and small wings also of course)

see on this image bellow how the top surface of this little piece is curved:

morphing-vehicles-2.jpg *that's not me on the photo :D

I meant something like this... the bottom of the wings are very flat but the top is nicely curved. Of course you don't need to model it to very high poly count to get to very high quality curve but but from screenshots this model needs just a bit of curving like that. The tail needs a bit of same kind of curving but less noticeable (and has to be on both sufraces equal)

Thanks again for taking sugestions and working on them, I think this will turn out to be a very nice Flanker which I'll gladly take for a ride :pilotfly:

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

SkieRider, if you need any assistance, you can join us over at http://www.simmoders.com/

We were also about to create an Su-27 model which was called "project firefly" but now that you created one, we stopped ours. But we gathered quite a lot of resources for the flanker. If you need any thing, just send me a PM.

btw hows Shanghai? My dad is from Shanghai, he's actually about to go back. I went back during winter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

wow! finally! A flanker for lock on. Damn! looks like I need to reinstall again and deal with the dreaded BSOD when I install any mods. :( But spectacular guys. thanks for tackling the flanker and it truly looks wicked. One request: Damage model. Please please enhance it. Regarding details.... personally IMO the area near the tail section and the parachute dispenser can take a few more polys to give it more detail.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Unfortunately due to the Lock On code, you can't create a radical damage model like the Su-25T or the Ka-50. You can only follow something along the lines of the original stock model otherwise it wont be triggered properly. So that means the plane can't crack in half otherwise you would have trailing fire. And the original Su-27's damage model only seem to be secluded to the wings, and tails. 3GO however could add panels being blown off and connect that with the damage from the wings. That would work, but nothing along the lines of breaking the plane in half.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]