DCS: F/A-18C RISE OF THE PERSIAN LION CAMPAIGN RELEASED

Hi - Just got the game and it is fun.  One question, mission #4 or #5 I believe (the night one where you have to sink the ships) - when I'm on the deck awaiting take-off, my night vision goggles won't align - they are focused to the side of the cockpit.   This may be a DCS update glitch, I don't know.  Normal Helmet Mounted Display works fine, just the night vision goggles.  Otherwise, things are going well. 

3 hours ago, macman1 said:

Hi - Just got the game and it is fun.  One question, mission #4 or #5 I believe (the night one where you have to sink the ships) - when I'm on the deck awaiting take-off, my night vision goggles won't align - they are focused to the side of the cockpit.   This may be a DCS update glitch, I don't know.  Normal Helmet Mounted Display works fine, just the night vision goggles.  Otherwise, things are going well. 

Hi

Not heard this before. It is definitely not a thing controlled within the mission editor or the campaign. It is worth lodging with ED as a bug. Are you using stable or open beta and VR?

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

9 hours ago, macman1 said:

Badger, I'm DCS Open Beta, no VR. 

No worries as I'm enjoying the missions as they are, a great way to train and work on all aspects of the Hornet.  Thanks. 

Thanks, that's how the series of campaigns from the free 'Serpent's Head' to 'Rise of the Persian Lion II' have been designed, to progressively expose you to all aspects of the F/A -18C Hornet, but within a continuously developing plot.  Working on the 5th campaign now. 🙂👍

Edited by Badger633
  • Like 2

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 2 months later...

I just read this topic and saw all the suggestions about Mission 7, but I'm still stuck!

The flir just won't work so I'm following @Badger633's suggestion and using GMT radar. Mav still falling short of the trucks (twice I hit the first truck actually).

Looking at the Mav screen, when I cage/uncage it looks like it is locking to a lamp post instead of the trucks. I tried approaching from few different directions, nose diving, higher and lower altitude...nothing seems to work.

Just wondering if anyone has a work around....

Edit: Including some images to ilustrate better what I mean.

Locked with the radar:

image.jpeg

In the flir it shows me the truck being tracked:

RoPL_M7_2.jpg

Mav is good to go:

RoPL_M7_3.jpg

Mav doesn't seem to be locked on the truck though (truck in red):

RoPL_M7_4.jpg

It always fall short (trucks in red and aread of impact in yellow):

RoPL_M7_5.jpg

Edited by ga5con
adding images

18 hours ago, ga5con said:

I just read this topic and saw all the suggestions about Mission 7, but I'm still stuck!

The flir just won't work so I'm following @Badger633's suggestion and using GMT radar. Mav still falling short of the trucks (twice I hit the first truck actually).

Looking at the Mav screen, when I cage/uncage it looks like it is locking to a lamp post instead of the trucks. I tried approaching from few different directions, nose diving, higher and lower altitude...nothing seems to work.

Just wondering if anyone has a work around....

Edit: Including some images to ilustrate better what I mean.

Locked with the radar:

image.jpeg

In the flir it shows me the truck being tracked:

RoPL_M7_2.jpg

Mav is good to go:

RoPL_M7_3.jpg

Mav doesn't seem to be locked on the truck though (truck in red):

RoPL_M7_4.jpg

It always fall short (trucks in red and aread of impact in yellow):

RoPL_M7_5.jpg

Hi

Have you seen this video I made on this subject from my u tube channel? 

Also this one from that mission.

You can see Rob10 is correct , thanks Rob.

Hope this helps, it's not easy though, like all the best things in life. 🙂 

Badger633

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rob10 said:

Unfortunately likely your best solution is to repeatly cage/uncage your MAV until you lock the correct target.

Yup....that was the solution actually. Climbed a little high so could have a steeper dive while caging/uncaging. 

3 hours ago, Badger633 said:

Also this one from that mission.

This one I had but

3 hours ago, Badger633 said:

Have you seen this video I made on this subject from my u tube channel? 

this I hadn't....great help, thank you.

I did @rob10's suggestion several times, along with the tip in your video of the approaching direction does the trick all the time.

Thank you.