For all of us that are getting old.

Mizzy

I bought Su27 Flanker in 1996 just after it was published, I was 31 years old and now nearing 60 years old. I remember a game called European Air War (EAW) and had a fantastic following in the late 1990s/early 2000. One of the developers I recall went on to develop 'Strike Fighters' series..Anyway I digress, one of the features of DCS has always been missing and that's an 'Action Camera' feature. Basically it's a camera that follows the action of a mission. I think Falcon 4 had one as well. Err, where was I !... Oh yes, the action camera; is it possible to implement an action camera feature in DCS like EAW and Falcon 4?

Mizzy 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Mizzy said:

is it possible to implement an action camera feature in DCS like EAW and Falcon 4?

Frankly, not what I was expecting to find here, given the thread title 😪 

I'm getting old too, and sometimes I think on what will happen to my gaming rig and DCS aircrafts once I get old enough to lack enough strenght to work my Hotas, or my sight gets progresively worse  🙄

I also sometimes think if the community will remember me once I'm gone, believe it or not, I sometimes came across the work of people no longer here, like the A-4E or Lilkiki's Mods, and say a small thank-you prayer for them, as I get to enjoy their work. 

Wish you the best, and let's hope ED concedes your wish 🙏

Eduardo

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

6 hours ago, Mizzy said:

One of the developers I recall went on to develop 'Strike Fighters' series.

This was very memorable serie. It had 4 different games; Vietnam, Europe Fulda 1960s, North Europe GIUK 1970s, Israeli-Arab wars.

Every part had proper timeframe map and proper timeframe realistic aircraft set + ground assets. 

It had nice GUI, music and atmosphere.

This things were even more important than action camera.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bies said:

This was very memorable serie. It had 4 different games; Vietnam, Europe Fulda 1960s, North Europe GIUK 1970s, Israeli-Arab wars.

Every part had proper timeframe map and proper timeframe realistic aircraft set + ground assets. 

Agreed.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

16 hours ago, bies said:

But the level of realism was not on a realistic level. This is not the point of my post, read it again !