The Kerman Campaign

ChillNG

Just did the first mission of the Kerman campaign, and I really enjoyed it. I've played 2 other Harrier campaigns. This one is just the right mix of mil-sim, lots of voiceover content, excellent kneeboard charts, long mission of about 1.5hrs. Little things like interactive options along the way are so cool, as an amateur mission maker, I can imagine how much work this takes. The mission briefing blurb reads just like a chapter out of Flying Nightmares (one of my favourite AV8B books).  

Great job and well worth the money!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crispy12 said:

Just did the first mission of the Kerman campaign, and I really enjoyed it. I've played 2 other Harrier campaigns. This one is just the right mix of mil-sim, lots of voiceover content, excellent kneeboard charts, long mission of about 1.5hrs. Little things like interactive options along the way are so cool, as an amateur mission maker, I can imagine how much work this takes. The mission briefing blurb reads just like a chapter out of Flying Nightmares (one of my favourite AV8B books).  

Great job and well worth the money!

Thank you, that's great to hear, and glad you like the briefings!

Just completed the first mission too, really enjoyed it. Any tips for finding the IED, I spotted the blue smoke but could not find the destroyed building after a fair while looking with the pod.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

12 minutes ago, zildac said:

Just completed the first mission too, really enjoyed it. Any tips for finding the IED, I spotted the blue smoke but could not find the destroyed building after a fair while looking with the pod.

It's quite a way up the road from the blue smoke, so from the the smoke go 2 miles NE, first set of buildings on the east side of the road - there is a ruin, you'll see the IED in there.

Further help in spoiler if you want it.

Spoiler

image.jpeg

12 minutes ago, ChillNG said:

It's quite a way up the road from the blue smoke, so from the the smoke go 2 miles NE, first set of buildings on the east side of the road - there is a ruin, you'll see the IED in there.

Further help in spoiler if you want it.

Hide contents

image.jpeg

Many thanks, time to try again 👍

• Thanks 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Really enjoying the campaign so far. Little stuck on mission 3, so when you get tasked with taking out the MLRS units, and are given the coords once entered into the EHSD as a new WPT the format differs. For example, N xx.xx.xx becomes N xx.xx.xxx and the same for E also I noticed that when using DESG to slew the pod to the newly created WPT the pod is not ground stabilised. I am running the latest MT OB , perhaps the second issue is a bug?

Just now, zildac said:

Really enjoying the campaign so far. Little stuck on mission 3, so when you get tasked with taking out the MLRS units, and are given the coords once entered into the EHSD as a new WPT the format differs. For example, N xx.xx.xx becomes N xx.xx.xxx and the same for E also I noticed that when using DESG to slew the pod to the newly created WPT the pod is not ground stabilised. I am running the latest MT OB , perhaps the second issue is a bug?

Try entering the elevation as well. That fixed it for me. Otherwise the pod is looking at a spot almost a mile underground.

• Like 1

Thanks, but elevation isn't given. Looking at some (older) tutorials, they state that if elevation isn't set then ground level is used. I guess I could just set 0?

3 hours ago, zildac said:

Thanks, but elevation isn't given. Looking at some (older) tutorials, they state that if elevation isn't set then ground level is used. I guess I could just set 0?

Which mission? I flew M4 the other night and it was in both nine lines.

Which mission? I flew M4 the other night and it was in both nine lines.
Mission 3. I'll double check but pretty sure no elevation was given.

HI everyone, just checked and on M3 elevation isn't given, never used to be an issue but the Harrier has had quite of few updates since this mission was built so possible the WP/TGP behavior has changed.  Correct elevation is 3519, I'll update the mission.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, xflyer said:

Try entering the elevation as well. That fixed it for me. Otherwise the pod is looking at a spot almost a mile underground.

2 hours ago, ChillNG said:

HI everyone, just checked and on M3 elevation isn't given, never used to be an issue but the Harrier has had quite of few updates since this mission was built so possible the WP/TGP behavior has changed.  Correct elevation is 3519, I'll update the mission.

Thanks for confirming @ChillNG thought I was going mad, I'm a bit of a Harrier Noob but not that green. Assuming 3519FT?

11 hours ago, ChillNG said:

I should add that I could be completely wrong about elevation being important for the TGP. I only noticed that behavior specifically on the DMT, but unless the TGP knows the elevation profile I'd imagine it's the same.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Gunnar81 said:

Enjoyed the heck out of the campaign, any chance we'll see what Det 'A' was up to during the same conflict? Something ship based perhaps? 🤩

Ha ha thanks.  You know I never thought about it lol, maybe one day but my plates pretty full for the next few years.

• Like 2