Winwing Taurus or virpil Cm3

Hello everyone,

I'm in the middle of my simpit update.. just purchased VKB gunfighter III ( combat pro Grip). Now I’m looking to upgrade my throttle.

So asking for feed back.  Just as an FYI, upgrading from tmw. And mostly fly F-18 and the F-16.  ( thinking of later flying the AV8)

thank you 

I am currently only flying the F-18, I have a Gunfighter Mk III Pro along with the Virpil CM3 Throttle.

Absolutely love the Virpil throttle, have been using it for several months now.

Edit: Virpil also has some nice control panels to compliment their setups as well. Currently they have 2. I am thinking about adding the Control Panel #2 to my setup, but still on the fence as I have not exhausted all the available buttons on my CM3 throttle yet when taking into account using a modifier as well.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 8/15/2021 at 7:48 AM, dburne said:

I am currently only flying the F-18, I have a Gunfighter Mk III Pro along with the Virpil CM3 Throttle.

Absolutely love the Virpil throttle, have been using it for several months now.

Edit: Virpil also has some nice control panels to compliment their setups as well. Currently they have 2. I am thinking about adding the Control Panel #2 to my setup, but still on the fence as I have not exhausted all the available buttons on my CM3 throttle yet when taking into account using a modifier as well.

Thank you the feedback.  Love to see the bindings/profile.  I decided to get the CM3 as well as both control panels.   Now. Have to think how to mount them  on my PX-1 racing rig.  Again, thank you.

Edited by nerves
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nerves said:

Thank you the feedback.  Love to see the bindings/profile.  I decided to get the CM3 as well as both control panels.   Now. Have to think how to mount them  on my PX-1 racing rig.  Again, thank you.

You are most welcome I think you will be quite pleased.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I went with the Taurus. Played with the CM3, didn't like it that much compared to my Warthog throttle. Happy with ww stuff.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

• 3 weeks later...