Navigation/waypoint Bug

Nuggetz

I noted this morning following the recent update that there appears to be a bug with Navigation/waypoints

After start and standby alignment in the F16 I entered the coords for the runway threshold to help get me home especially when low on fuel. Usually the HUD reads 1 mile to WP while parked. However today it reads 55 miles/WP. The figure of 55 miles does not change regardless of the distance from the Airfield. 

I have undertaken this procedure many many times in the past and am confident this is not operator error. 

Worth investigating please. 

Many thanks in advance 

Nuggetz 

Ryzen 5950X, MSI  RTX 3080TI, 1 TB SSD, 64GB 3600 MHZ DDR4 RAM, Pimax Crystal and 8KX KDMAS. WINWING F16EX Throttle: FSSB-R3-MKII ULTRA Base/TMWH Joystick: DCS: F16C

Screen_210813_164758.png

Note the co-ord for the wp are directly in front of the aircraft (Runway Threshold), but the HUD indicates that WP 33 is 55 miles away not less than a mile as usual.  I have provided this screen shot because the Trackfile may be corrupted I have tried to attach another but it is too large.  If you tell me how to attach it I can send again.

Please note that at least 2 other F16 drivers have indicated problems to me over voice chat in the Grim Reapers Stoneburner Server.

Note this problem does not happen in Single Player Mode.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks in advance Nuggetz 

Ryzen 5950X, MSI  RTX 3080TI, 1 TB SSD, 64GB 3600 MHZ DDR4 RAM, Pimax Crystal and 8KX KDMAS. WINWING F16EX Throttle: FSSB-R3-MKII ULTRA Base/TMWH Joystick: DCS: F16C

I have tried again to produce a Trackfile but doing the minimum to align the Nav and allow you to view the STP co-ords and HUD produces a minimum file size of 6.2 MB which I am unable to attach.

Perhaps if you try the following: 

Spawn F16 (1) at Gudauta.

Perform start and align in Nav stored heading mode

Enter WP 33, N43 06 278, E040 34 534, Elevation 69 feet

Once Aligned (10) note HUD indicates 55 miles to WP 33 which is actually less than 1 mile to the runway Threshold Runway 33.

Once airborne the 55 miles does not change regardless of actual distance to the airfield.

Additionally the Nav tadpole displays a constant heading error.

If you provide an email address (private message if necessary) I will attach the 6.2 MB Trackfile to allow you to view in more detail.

Thanks in advance Nuggetz

Edited by Nuggetz

Stored Alignment which I have been doing for about 8 months now with no issues until after the most recent update..  I think I am correct that the full alignment to 06 currently has an issue also???.

Additionally, I have Run the ED Update and full/slow repair a couple of times now to hopefully remove any specific errors on my PC.

Thanks again, Nuggetz

23 hours ago, Nuggetz said:

I noted this morning following the recent update that there appears to be a bug with Navigation/waypoints

After start and standby alignment in the F16 I entered the coords for the runway threshold to help get me home especially when low on fuel. Usually the HUD reads 1 mile to WP while parked. However today it reads 55 miles/WP. The figure of 55 miles does not change regardless of the distance from the Airfield. 

I have undertaken this procedure many many times in the past and am confident this is not operator error. 

Worth investigating please. 

Many thanks in advance 

Nuggetz 

Do you have a targeting pod loaded?

If yes, is it turned on? If so, try to go to the TGP page on one of the MFD's and press CZ. 

25 minutes ago, Nuggetz said:

Stored Alignment which I have been doing for about 8 months now with no issues until after the most recent update..  I think I am correct that the full alignment to 06 currently has an issue also???.

Additionally, I have Run the ED Update and full/slow repair a couple of times now to hopefully remove any specific errors on my PC.

Thanks again, Nuggetz

This got changed a while back. It goes to 10 max

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Thank you for your reply. 

No target pod is fitted. This issue occurs with or without any stores loaded at all. 

Note the distance to WP does not change throughout the flight and the Navigation tadpole also displays a constant error. 

I noted this morning the WP 001 is 55 miles from Gudauta so I wonder if the Nav system is somehow stuck on that distance and does not pick up either the new WP or the fact the F16 is moving. 

I mentioned earlier that in conversation with other F16 pilots they are also experiencing issues with the Nav system. 

Grateful for any help as always

Nuggetz

Update: working with another F16 pilot in the Stoneburner server we have identified a work around. 

if once aligned and coords have been entered the range remains 55 miles to the WP. Then use the rocker switch to change to the next WP (up or down) even if the WP is empty then return to the home WP the correct distance is displayed in this case 001 miles. Navigation is also restored so the distance varies and the Nav tadpole points correctly. 

I hope this gives an indication as to where the problem may lay. 

Regards Nuggetz 

Edited by Nuggetz

You can't enter coordinates during a stored heading alignment. If you do it becomes a BATH alignment.

I can't test the situation exactly because Stoneburner server is currently on Mariana Islands. I did try there and I get 24nm to the first waypoint which is correct.

Edited by Frederf

1 hour ago, Frederf said:

You can't enter coordinates during a stored heading alignment. If you do it becomes a BATH alignment.

I can't test the situation exactly because Stoneburner server is currently on Mariana Islands. I did try there and I get 24nm to the first waypoint which is correct.

I always enter my flight plan during both types of alignment and never have issues at all. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Florence201 said:

I always enter my flight plan during both types of alignment and never have issues at all. 

You should wait with that until the Destination page gets added to the ICP/DED. 

There you can safely edit and create steerpoints without having a direct effect on your current flightplan

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

I fly mostly MP, a lot of servers have pre planned routes or objectives

Edited by Falconeer

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Thanks for your input guys.  Following your inputs I logged back into Stonerburner this morning and started a F16 at Gudauta (no stores) waiting until the jet was ready to taxi and then manually entered WP33 and set the coords for the threshold of runway 33.  Same result 55 miles to WP33 which as you know is in sight from the parking area.

I then rocked the rocker switch and back to WP 33 - work around restored the distance to 001 nm.

There is either a bug or something has changed/been updated since the recent update as the F16 did not used to do this.  In the interim I am happy enough because I have an easy solution.  Perhaps ED would be kind enough to investigate a little deeper.

Many thanks in anticipation, Nuggetz  

Edited by Nuggetz

Thanks Frederf, 

Perhaps higher WP numbers do behave differently (now), but given I have used the same procedure ever since I started in DCS with the F16 (exclusively)back in Dec 20, something has changed. If that is planned then fine but it would be good to know what is correct. There are other HUD bugs but I need to raise a separate post to high light accordingly. 

regards 

Edited by Nuggetz

I don't know if this is related or not.  Doing a mission in Syria.  Started a 16 cold start doing a stored heading alignment.  Took off as normal and entered the coordinates to the target to do a CCRP bomb run with CBUs (not using the TGP, although it is loaded).  It takes the coordinate entry and shows a diamond on the ground in the right location ... but the block of Nav data is showing 136 miles away on a different course (and yes, triple checked the coordinates) and the CCRP symbology appears to be locked to the locatiion shown on the HUD  and not the coordinates entered.  Cycling the WP increment and back doesn't seem to help.  If I turn on the TGP though it then snaps to the correct target location.  Have tried this entering the coords as a Steerpoint, and as a Markpoint (sp 26).  Same either way.  

Added track.  This time it wasn't 100+ miles off but was still off a ways.  

F-16 CCRP steerpoint test.zip

Edited by Topgun505
Adding track

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

10 hours ago, Frederf said:

Did you try a CZ?

Again, trying to do so without using the TGP.

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

11 hours ago, Frederf said:

TGP right now is the only place to access CZ function. If it's a problem which is a cursor delta issue then you're going to need it for diagnostic purposes. Were you in CCRP or NAV when you typed in coordinates?

Edit:  Yes was in NAV mode during coord entry.

Edited by Topgun505

Topgun505