Plane explodes when touches tip of the tree) Are you kidding me?)

• ED Team

Thanks I will speak to the team, personally I dont think it is a problem, you are doing 500knts and hitting the top of a large spruce tree, nothing good will happen in real life 🙂

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Thanks I will speak to the team, personally I dont think it is a problem, you are doing 500knts and hitting the top of a large spruce tree, nothing good will happen in real life

Sir in real life jets cutting down 1,4 inch thick steel cables like it`s nothing and land after that) I think i`d survive it) One thing is for sure i woouldn`t turn  instanlly into vapor cloud as if S-300 hit me)

Btw is there any word about Flanker Dataling bugs that i reported? Track is provided in that one. 

Thanks!

P.S if you want i`ll hit those trees at higher speeds. No sweat)

Edited by musolo

----RED FLAG---- DCS Server. Discord: https://discord.gg/2PjQ52V

• ED Team

Sorry I do not agree about cables, cables are very dangerous and numerous real life example can be found of the danger of cables. 

I have no news on the data link, but please keep this report separate from this one.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sorry I do not agree about cables, cables are very dangerous and numerous real life example can be found of the danger of cables. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Ki22ApxHA

http://1998 Cavalese cable car crash

Couple cases with steel cables

I have no news on the data link, but please keep this report separate from this one.

Surething. Just had to make sure you saw that Datalink track for yourself.  

• ED Team

We have taken a look, this would result in the destruction of the aircraft.

The trunk of the tree is chopped during the impact and the aircraft is destroyed as intended, this is not a thin branch its a substantial part of the tree.

tree chopped.png

@BIGNEWYi hope its taken into account that this is not a telephone pole made of reinforced concrete. it`s a top if the tree with great deal of  flexibility to it that would break/bend underneath wing or fuselage, damage the body, would result bent aelerons, nasty jolt or kill the engine(s) but would not result this death portal in an instant)

Treetop3.jpg

i mean from thisTreetop2.jpg

to this?)

Treetop3.jpg

really?)

Edited by musolo

• ED Team

Thank you for the feedback, but we do not agree, the damage would be considerable for a tree that size. Best option is not to fly into trees at all, but we all know that 🙂

• Like 4

Thank you for the feedback, but we do not agree, the damage would be considerable for a tree that size

The fact that spruce tree 3d model on Caucasus map looks like telephone pole doesn`t make it one)  Hope this info will get through eventually. And i`d really like to see that spruce tree that those on the screenshots are modelled after) Must be one of a kind spruce tree, as usually their tops are couple/one inch thick couple of last meters rather than couple/one feet thick) Unless they are from early Pleistocene period ',)

Thanks!)

Edited by musolo

F-16 tree strike. Try that in DCS even just little bit of tree tip will result in total loss (explode) with any aircrafts and helis AFAIK.
I agree the result would be severe if you hit it on the big part of the tree but just little bit of tip ? Exploded?
  • Thanks 1

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

10 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Please when reporting any issue include a short track replay showing an example. 

Please note, flying into trees is a bad idea in any aircraft and often when we look at track replays hitting the tops of trees is often more than just the tips 🙂

What about a Building? Probable a bad Idea...too?

musolo you got Passion That's a Complement. good post.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Why do you all want to fly into trees? Its madness

We don`t) But often we  trimm them accidenally. And this abomination of 3d model of Caucasian  spruce tree

Treetop2.jpg

can not be seriously considered as a basis for an argument about thickness of a top of a spruce trunk))) I mean comon guys tip/top of a spuce tree foot thick? You can`t be serious)))

Edited by musolo

Point expressed, point acknowledged, point dismissed, point restated, point re- dismissed, repeat. 

It’t like the fat kid asking for thirds. 

• Like 3

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

32 minutes ago, musolo said:

Your point being?

Nobody likes the fat kid. Walk away from the cookies….

• Like 2

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

I’m pretty sure MSFS doesn’t have a collidable tree model and what’s more there is apparently trillions of them to crash into. Maybe this could be your thing.

At least until one of the third party developers decides to do DCS: Spruce Tree Simulator. I can see it now, high fidelity tree damage model with bending or breaking branches, accurate wild life fall physics, and accurate leaf float model based on wind tunnel testing in our backyard.

• Like 2

@Barra1What on earth are you so sarcastically  blathering about?))) . Do Caucasus spruce trees have foot thick fat tips? No) i`m only accenting on this aspect because BIGNEWY said 

On 8/19/2021 at 6:59 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Thank you for the feedback, but we do not agree, the damage would be considerable for a tree that size

But the thing is that the size(thikness) iz ENORMOUS!) They are looking at the top of this  telephone pole disquised as spruce tree top) And  basing their disagreement on a horrible 3d model that is nothing like  spruce tree top. By the looks of this thick log  it is a Venetian wooden pillar lol) Of cource Venetian pillar would mess up the plane. But its a Caucasian spruce with soft flexible top couple of inches thick. And  they have not used spruce tips as pillars in Venetia)

I personally didn`t care about the 3d model of the spruce tree(or any other tree in DCS for that matter) untill  it was used as an argument against  well grounded and prooven points of few users in this thread. 
ED guys your spruce tree 3d model top section can not be referred to. It is 10 times thinner irl than on those screenshots)

Edited by musolo

I’m blathering? I’m not the one going on and on and on about crashing into treetops. The reality is that the more things that get simulated in the game, the greater processing power is required to run the game. Why is the tree collision model simplified? Probably because ED would rather use CPU power to calculate more important features. 

And what about missiles hitting treetops? Should they be able to continue on or would missiles be destroyed when clipping treetops? Can you shoot the top off the trees with cannons? Frankly I would rather see ED focus on more accurate radar modelling, better AI and dynamic campaigns.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Barra1 said:

Why is the tree collision model simplified? Probably because ED would rather use CPU power to calculate more important features.

Read the whole thread before trowing your pearls) There are few ways described to do that without having to increase cpu overhead )

12 minutes ago, Barra1 said:

And what about missiles hitting treetops? Should they be able to continue on or would missiles be destroyed when clipping treetops? Can you shoot the top off the trees with cannons?

Stay on topic man. You are slipping away)

• ED Team

Please understand this is not a tree simulator, the trees are objects and they have a collision model, hitting the collision model will result in a unplanned disassembly. 

• Like 5