Wildcard command in VAICOM Pro?

Jayhawk1971

I'm posting this question here, since I guess the chances to find someone familiar with this campaign and editing Voice Attack/ Vaicom profiles in this forum should be higher than in the Voice Attack subforum.

So here it goes: did anyone make a custom voice command for "Tally Wildcard"? If so, could you please give me some pointers where I could find the relevant button commands to link with the voice command? 

The reason is that DCS' clunky menu structure (I've recently picked up VR which makes it 1000 times worse) is driving me nuts. Right now I'm using custom buttons on my HOTAS to open the comms menu, then say "take 10, take 3", but this works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't, like 10 minutes ago when my wingman was taken out by the wildcard (which I spotted in an absolutely timely manner) with me frantically yelling "TAKE 3!!!!!!" while simultaneously fumbling for the F3 key. :ranting:

Edited by Jayhawk1971

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2021 at 9:37 PM, Jayhawk1971 said:

I'm posting this question here, since I guess the chances to find someone familiar with this campaign and editing Voice Attack/ Vaicom profiles in this forum should be higher than in the Voice Attack subforum

Is this question still valid, or did you find a solution. 

I have the "tally wildcard" cmd incorporated, but would have to look it up how I did it. 

Unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet, so it's indeed still valid. But it also isn't so pressing since I have played this campaign so much I needed a break from it.
And, admittedly, I haven't been looking all that hard for a solution after initial failure, because I really would just like to actually "fly" in the limited time I have "allocated" for DCS instead of browsing around and fiddling with setups. 😉 

Should you find the time I would really appreciate if you could tell me what "action" I need to bind to a custom voice command. 👍

Edited by Jayhawk1971

• 3 months later...

One of the issues that I've run into in the Paradise Lost Campaign is that VAICOM Pro is hiding the F10 menu, even though Configuration > Preferences > Disable menus is unchecked.  As soon as I shut down VA, the menus come back.  It's not that big of a deal flying the Huey, but in FTB, I really needed it with Jester.  I don't think that it's a problem with either campaign, but rather with VAICOM or Voice Attack.

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

@Jayhawk1971have you tried this?

I will try it next time I fly Zone 5:

FoxitPDFReader_2022-02-15_15-59-24.jpg

• Like 1

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Yes, the "tally wildcard" command has been imported. The downside of this function seems to be that Vaicom Pro tends to misinterpret voice commands.

For example, I had incidents where I gave the AIRIO "startup" or "navigate steerpoint X" commands, but Voice Attack executed "skip mission" from the imported F10 menu. From the log I could tell that the correct command phrase was recognized, but the wrong action was triggered. 🤷‍♂️

I still haven't found an acceptable solution, because I'd like to keep some of the "special action" commands (like "tally wildcard", because that's useful in a couple of Zone 5 missions). But since I've bought a couple of scripted SP campaigns, the the "action" lists get's longer and longer and clogged up with one time, mission-related events that aren't useful beyond that.

9 minutes ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

Yes, the "tally wildcard" command has been imported. The downside of this function seems to be that Vaicom Pro tends to misinterpret voice commands.

For example, I had incidents where I gave the AIRIO "startup" or "navigate steerpoint X" commands, but Voice Attack executed "skip mission" from the imported F10 menu. From the log I could tell that the correct command phrase was recognized, but the wrong action was triggered. 🤷‍♂️

I still haven't found an acceptable solution, because I'd like to keep some of the "special action" commands (like "tally wildcard", because that's useful in a couple of Zone 5 missions). But since I've bought a couple of scripted SP campaigns, the the "action" lists get's longer and longer and clogged up with one time, mission-related events that aren't useful beyond that.

You can also add more voice commands to a single action. For instance, due to my Spanish accent VAICOM has difficulties understanding the word "auto" so I add a different command for the actions including that word.

Maybe instead of "tally wildcard" make an additional command as "spot wildcard"? I highly doubt that Windows recognises the word "tally".

• Thanks 1

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2022 at 4:55 PM, Jayhawk1971 said:

Late to the party.

@Al-Azraq is absolutely correct. Enable the F10 menu import. But ONLY when you want to import the important stuff! Or you will eventually end up with "thousands" of commands. Keep the the preceding "action" on the command, but add an alias that suits you best. Do not forget to do the "Finish" step but I gather you already did. 😉
You might also try to "train" it.

On 2/8/2022 at 11:38 PM, Chipwich said:

One of the issues that I've run into in the Paradise Lost Campaign is that VAICOM Pro is hiding the F10 menu, even though Configuration > Preferences > Disable menus is unchecked.  As soon as I shut down VA, the menus come back.  It's not that big of a deal flying the Huey, but in FTB, I really needed it with Jester.  I don't think that it's a problem with either campaign, but rather with VAICOM or Voice Attack.

Yeah, sometimes VAICOM get's out of sync. Make sure VoiceAttack is always off when updating DCS, and start it again before you start DCS.
You keep holding the TX while saying "Options", right?

On 10/11/2021 at 3:25 PM, Reflected said:

Sorry I have not replied to this thread, but I have no idea how Vaicom works, never used it.

You should have a look!  Like suggested it makes the experience much better.
Imagine if we could have a campaign in the future that was already incorporated in VAICOM! Just kidding.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2022 at 3:48 AM, MAXsenna said:

You keep holding the TX while saying "Options", right?

Yes, in fact it works fine in most missions, but there is something the Reflected does the either VAICOM or VA doesn't like.  For instance, exit the campaign and launch any instant action mission and it works fine.  I'm not saying that Reflected is doing something wrong, it's just that the VAICOM has issue.   It's like the aircraft doesn't have power and the radios are not powered on.  But they are.

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

• 7 months later...