Ok, down to one activation already.., but VPN via hamachi works

Koriel

Man I am severely ... well you can gather..

In order to get a friend online with a crappy router online in BS I installed hamachi so we could use a VPN to multiplayer with. ( That worked like a treat btw). But as soom as I cranked up the game with the new VIRTUAL device installed, it wanted me to activate again!!!!

So when I have to reinstall windows in a few days, I will have te reactivate again? Or how do i recover my activation again? Can anyone help me out here?

Probably in registry:

HKCU\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Black Shark

I know it is there, I just don't know if saving/restoring it would be enough, if there isn't something else.

And nice info on what hardware change was required to reactivate. Don't want to get locked, but sure as hell backs up opinion of lots of people in other thread.

Edited by Havner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is a thread on the Russian forum dedicated to the SF protection technology used in Black Shark, including information on how it analyzes hardware/OS changes to require new activations. When the details of the western release are finalized, we will do the same here.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Those Russian sneaky weasels... Using their funny characters, speaking their funny language... Sometimes I think they invented all that just to keep their secrets only to themselves! If they used latin, cold war would last for only 10 years.

Just like those Hungarians - they made up some sort of language just to hide the secrets of making good salame! I bet they speak some other normal language when I turn my back, and so are Russians using latin in hiding.... Grrrr...

Seriously, why allow Russkies to access ENG part of the forum? We want secrets of our own! I don't want them to know how pathetic we are eating our fingers watching their screenies, already having their own "DCS bugs" section, while we do not have even the "Buy now" button.

Just block the Russian section from us, and the English from them --- and we will have a very happy forum :D

.... NOT!

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Go! read! learn! make us even, no secrets anymore:

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=74

I'm trying, but I'm not the one that created the game... and all the issues related to it.

I find it hard to understand why all support is reserved for Russian speaking members, despite the fact that there are other poeple capable of getting their own copy of DCS. Shouldn't they be rewarded, instead being punished by silence?

So, Koriel has a problem with a Russian version. He is entitled to some kind of efficient support. If English section is to provide support fo ronly western release, and Russian section only for Russian release of DCS, implying that those are "different games", then there should be two separated forums. This is very confusing and frustrating that in one part of the forum yu can discuss whatever you like, and on another you are not allowed.

Is this nationally biased attitude? If we cannot benefit from Russian sources, why should they have any benefit from English section?

Not fair, not fair...

• Like 1

Contact via PM.

I find it hard to understand why all support is reserved for Russian speaking members, despite the fact that there are other poeple capable of getting their own copy of DCS. Shouldn't they be rewarded, instead being punished by silence?

So, Koriel has a problem with a Russian version. He is entitled to some kind of efficient support. If English section is to provide support fo ronly western release, and Russian section only for Russian release of DCS, implying that those are "different games", then there should be two separated forums. This is very confusing and frustrating that in one part of the forum yu can discuss whatever you like, and on another you are not allowed.

Is this nationally biased attitude? If we cannot benefit from Russian sources, why should they have any benefit from English section?

Not fair, not fair...

It's just another example of legitimate and honest users being punished because of pirate activity. It's clear that ED made the assumption that all non-Russian speaking users had downloaded Black Shark illegally and would therefore be deprived of any support. This is itself seems like sound reasoning but it has become crystal clear that there are now plenty of legitimate non-Russian speaking customers and yet the status quo remains.

--

Murphy

It's just another example of legitimate and honest users being punished because of pirate activity. It's clear that ED made the assumption that all non-Russian speaking users had downloaded Black Shark illegally and would therefore be deprived of any support. This is itself seems like sound reasoning but it has become crystal clear that there are now plenty of legitimate non-Russian speaking customers and yet the status quo remains.

Would be enough to implement the game key feature on the forums we talked about in the the other thread. You'd get some icon in your profile that you are a legitimate owner (as it is on egosoft and bioware forums). At least they'd knew who bought it and who don't when support question are asked and at least could answer some by PMs if not in public. Or just make support subforum you can enter only with BS registered in your profile (you'd need that even just to read that subforum). I as well had one support question but didn't even bother to ask it as I knew it won't be answered.

I agree it's far from fair, treating your legitimate customers this way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Right now this game isn't officially released on the international market.

Dont blow things out of proportion, im getting fed up of all the drama queen things going on lately.

People buy the game from russian page, hack it into a english version and demand support for it?

Whats wrong with the people lately ?

Would be enough to implement the game key feature on the forums we talked about in the the other thread. You'd get some icon in your profile that you are a legitimate owner (as it is on egosoft and bioware forums). At least they'd knew who bought it and who don't when support question are asked and at least could answer some by PMs if not in public. Or just make support subforum you can enter only with BS registered in your profile (you'd need that even just to read that subforum). I as well had one support question but didn't even bother to ask it as I knew it won't be answered.

I agree it's far from fair, treating your legitimate customers this way.

Yup, lets have a Patriot act of our own :joystick:

Contact via PM.

All,

To be fair to the support guys here, I think probably one of their biggest concerns is that they will end up inundated with support requests that just materialise from the language barriers, and which most would be easily understood if we had western version...and its documentation. I also suspect they are required to direct their efforts in supporting the customers in the east, where official launch has happened.

Id like to think a respectful request for something fundemental would be answered...

The thought of trying to navigate the Russian customer contact experience to gain more activations is a little scary...but if it comes to it...I will follow repents guide and get another copy if it comes to it!

And just to be clear...I have a fully legitimate copy of the software....was torrent tempting...of course, is it right morally, no...and thats why I was banging the drum to be able to get hold of it legally...

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

Groove,

People are passionate because its a quality product.....if it was 2 bob software these conversations wouldnt be taking place...I'd take it as a compliment....

Software this good comes along very rarely, and rightly its caused a storm....

Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

Dont blow things out of proportion, im getting fed up of all the drama queen things going on lately.

People buy the game from russian page, hack it into a english version and demand support for it?

Wow..

Mind if I take a little offense at this?

I tinker a bit with my system.. Like I mentioned, I installed hamachi which in turn installed some virtual network card. Next time it might be a 3rd HD or whatever. Not too mention a format and changing my raid setup!.. Different system, activation required!

I have the game now 2 weeks.. and I am down to ONE activation already. That was the issue I raised. If it comes to it, I will go on the russian forum to find a solution.

The real issue here is that while I have a legit (russian) copy, and will get the international one as well, I will most likely need the third activation already within the next 6 months. ( I expect a lot sooner ). And I have to go on the forums to find a solution to get my legit copy working. This is very very user unfriendly.

I don't care if I have to insert the dvd every week or so, or have to validate my install every so often via the net. It takes just a minute, and while annoying perhaps, it's understandable. (Except when you're on a LAN meet and don't have access.. mmm could you force a validation check so you're good to go for a week or so? ).

But I do care that I have to seek contact with ED via mail/forum in order to get my copy running again.

If you think I am a drama queen, fine. I personally think I raised a valid issue here which I'd like to discuss and find a solution for. Let's face it, we all are into the same game. We all support ED in producing software. Some decisions regarding release methods etc were unfortunate, but that's what we have to live with. And we (grudgingly) do. But it doesn't mean that certain things can't be changed for the better. All it takes is someone within ED to say " We know that (this or that) is unfortunate, and we are looking for a long term solution". I know that I will have to do the forum thingy sooner or later, but I would like to believe that in 6 months or thereabouts someone wouldn't have to do that anymore.

Koriel, LOTS of people are against limited activation system you described. It was said that it's very probably that the western version will include only this scheme (russian version can work with DVD if you bought hard copy).

We were discussing it in this thread (the only one where it was officialy allowed afaik)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=32860

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=555380&postcount=184

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

when you bought the russian version you surely knew there was gonna be no support in the english forums??

im still on 3 activations, and i intend to keep it that way, this has probably served as a good reminder for the rest of us to be more careful about activating.

and hamachi is getting more and more associated with piracy these days so i guess the software protection did its job this time.

when you bought the russian version you surely knew there was gonna be no support in the english forums??

I didn't. When I decided to get my copy (it was bought in the day of the release, I just got it much later) I didn't see any official statement on this matter.

im still on 3 activations, and i intend to keep it that way, this has probably served as a good reminder for the rest of us to be more careful about activating.

If you don't use DVD you can have 2 free at most at that point (you had to activate once to play). And don't forget that there are issue you have no control on. Like HD crash, windows gone to trash, no way to deactivate, activation lost permanently. According to russian post about SF the above VPN thing shouldn't cause reactivation. Network card was added so AT MOST we can assume it was MAC address change, 6 points out of 12. And TBH it should have been 0 points, cause in reality just another MAC address was added, not changed.

So you can't be sure you will always keep 3 activations. You're never going to upgrade your HW? You're 100% sure your HD is eternal? Interesting, I'd like to see that.

and hamachi is getting more and more associated with piracy these days so i guess the software protection did its job this time.

It's not up to one software to judge another just because something is of doubtful morality or quality. Very poor argument here.

Edited by Havner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Groove,

These are your paying customers. Enthusiasts who have gone to extraordinary lengths to purchase legitimate copies of your game. A defensive (and frankly somewhat offensive) attitude like that is just opening the door and inviting negative responses.

I mean this with the best will in the world because I really do wish you guys every success with this product - take a step back and take a few deep breaths - most of the people here are your friends and will give you their money. Try not to misinterpret their enthusiasm for aggression and take negativity with a pinch of salt before slapping them.

--

Murphy

• Like 1

Imo this is not demanding.. but hey.. thats just me! :music_whistling:

No, it's not just you.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Murphyd, your point is clear enough.

btw, do you really beleive when BS will reliazed for west all peple who have cheap russian version hacked to english will buy expensive english one?

i think there will be rule 20/80. this is why western publisher not so happy i guess.

As an example. I bough 2 jewel boxes (by friends in russia) and a DVD box (in ukraine) and a download version, all paid for by me. Considering all the hassle I had to go through I think it cost me about £20 each, so thats £80 spent on the product and I will buy the english version as well just to support it. My BS is not hacked to english, I understand russian but do not have a cyrillic keyboard and even if I did, I would sound like a retard typing in russian. So why can't I ask for any support just because i'm british and live in UK? Having 3 activations which you could easily spend in a week or less just tweaking your computer is like buying a car that can only do 3 journeys. I don't need any support at the moment but I'm sure I'm not alone here in this position.

btw, do you really beleive when BS will reliazed for west all peple who have cheap russian version hacked to english will buy expensive english one?

i think there will be rule 20/80. this is why western publisher not so happy i guess.

What about CIS? Where 90/10 warez rule applies? :)

I find it quite funny how West is thought to be the rotten egg when it comes to legitimate users.

Complaining about the russian version of the game, with a russian publisher(1C) on the english forums is slightly arkward, isn't it?

yea.. it is..

and we understand why ur doing and saying this, but ppl are still ppl, and will ask questions and will need help, asking them in a language they understand is easyer so thats prolly not going to stop!

when west ver is realeased all problems will prolly feel small and insignificant, and we will all go back to being friendly noobs asking questions at the right time and place! :thumbup:

• Like 1

It takes a fool to remain sane :huh: