How to use the MLRS

fasteddie1

Hi there. Does anyone know how to use the MLRS. I've tried the ones below but no luck.

I tried all below:
MLRS BM-21 Grad 122mm
MLRS 9K57 Uragan BM-27 220mm
MLRS 9A52 Smerch HE 300mm

Distance isn't an issue because I put them very close and still no go. 

But they all refuse to fire.

Thanks in advance

Artillery units have two circles around them:

• the smaller, green one is the minimum range: don't ask the unit to fire closer than that,
  • the bigger, red one is the maximum range: don't ask the unit to fire farther than that.

I've put up a little mission and it works for them all. One last important thing: all artillery units in DCS take about 3 minutes to prepare before firing.

MLRS.png

RU_MLRS_test.miz

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dambuster8178 said:

Hi all where do you drop this file into?

Basically: wherever you want, it's jsut a mission file. In the mission editor then open the file from wherever you dropped it. Generally the missions subfolder in your saved games\DCS folder is a smart choice, though, since that is used by default

• Like 1

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

%UserProfile%\saved games in file explorer will get there. when it opens there will be a DCS folder. then within that folder a folder called missions.

2021-11-03_18-52-00.png

Edited by silverdevil
  • Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain