Cougar Owners Must Read

Thanks anyway Legolasindar.

I did some searching myself and came back with 2 programs, PPJoy and GlovePIE.

PPJoy seems to be for stuff attached to the parallel port so that's probably not it.

GlovePIE seems to be able to do the trick but i don't understand jack shit on how to use it. There's a "Getting started" section in the help menu but let this section just the one that doesn't work for some reason so for the moment... :cry:

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

You could always use the "Trimmer Reset" (LCtrl-t) command as a final solution after you made your landing.

I don't recommend using the normal trimmer button in flight when you use the Cougar workaround trim because you can add up both inputs on the moment you release the original trimbutton.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

So we need to disable(not use) ingame autopilot if we want to use Cougar internal trimming. But if we dont have rudders connected to cougar directly thru gameport(like me, examle, I have usb rudder) we cant trim them. If we have Cougar with rudders using this profile give as little bit comfortable trimming.

Well I found a way of trimming cyclic with Cougar trim and pedals with DCS trim. At least if you have some forcefeedback device pluged in, like I have with a force feedback steering wheel, which I use the pedals from.

You let the trim button trim BOTH the cougar trim and the in-game trim (well I guess you could separate them to separate buttons too if you prefer, cougar trim for cyclic, DCS trim for pedals). But trick is that you must go into Producers.cfg and set ForceFeedbackEnabled to true. Most likely you set it to false previously because you were told trim wouldn't work in DCS with non-FF stick otherwise. But what it does is enable forcefeedback-style trimming of the cyclic... which does nothing on non-FF sticks. Hence all the in-game trim will do is trim the pedals, and the stick can be trimmed with the cougar trim.

So what I have in my profile is

BTN S4 /I TRIM (JOYX, 0) TRIM (JOYY, 0) ResetTrim

/O SetTrim HOLDTRIM (JOYX) HOLDTRIM (JOYY)

(where SetTrim = t and ResetTrim = LCTL t)

It works very well for me! Only disadantage is that pedals don't hold their position while trim is held, like it does for the stick. It uses the DCS trim, so you must release them immediately when you press the trim button.

If ForceFeedbackEnable is set to false if you only have non-FF devices you can try setting it to true and see if the trick works then too. Haven't tested that myself.

Hello, I enjoyed this very helpful thread. I found this line to work best in BS with a modification I added.

BTN S3 /P /H t LOCK(JOYSTICK, LASTVALUE) /R UNLOCK(JOYSTICK)

I do not use /I /O modifiers, so I use the S3 button. Adding the '/H t' allows me to also use the in-game trim easily with the button. Credit to Legolasinar for the original line. thanks.

Cary

1. The trim of real Ka50, what it does is lock the cyclic, you must remove the functions of the trim programing to simulate this, and replace /P /R by /T, that is putting this:

BTN S4 /I

/O /T LOCK(JOYSTICK, LASTVALUE) /T UNLOCK(JOYSTICK)

or in this way, without /T:

BTN S4 /I UNLOCK(JOYSTICK)

/O LOCK(JOYSTICK, LASTVALUE)

Now S4 freeze the axes of the cyclical and can release the joystick, but I do not trimmer.

So what I have in my profile is

BTN S4 /I TRIM (JOYX, 0) TRIM (JOYY, 0) ResetTrim

/O SetTrim HOLDTRIM (JOYX) HOLDTRIM (JOYY)

(where SetTrim = t and ResetTrim = LCTL t)

It works very well for me! Only disadantage is that pedals don't hold their position while trim is held, like it does for the stick. It uses the DCS trim, so you must release them immediately when you press the trim button.

Don't you need the /H modifier to hold the trim?

Like this: /O/H SetTrim HOLDTRIM (JOYX) HOLDTRIM (JOYY)

I tried arnehs way of trimming but it didn't work for me as I don't have any FFB devices.

For trimming I also use a combination of in-game trim for the rudder pedals (not connected to Cougar) and the trim function of the HOTAS.

/P LOCK (JOYSTICK, LASTVALUE) TRIM (JOYSTICK, TO_CURRENT) /R Trimmer DLY(60) TRIM (JOYX, 0) TRIM (JOYY, 0) UNLOCK (JOYSTICK)

Usage:

Hold the button, center the stick, release the button, center the pedals.