Problem with CCIP/CCRP missing targets

Caldera

This is a ripple CBU-97 attack.

• Same parameters as above
  • RIP SGL
  • RIP QTY 2
  • FT 200

This is approximately where the CBU-97's opened.

CBU97-004.gif

This is the CBU-97's area of damage.

CBU97-005.gif

The CBU-97 seems much less effective against armored vehicles.

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

This is a CBU-105 attack targeting armor.

The target is a T-55 in the middle of a row.

CBU105-006.gif

This is approximately where the CBU-105 opened.

CBU105-007.gif

This is the CBU-105 area of damage.

CBU105-008.gif

Notice the missing T-55 tanks as compared to the destruction radius.  Just the ones at the center are gone.

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

So I ran this same scenario time after time after time.  Testings the effectiveness of 900 vs 1800 HOF.

HOF = 900

CBU105-009a.gif

HOF - 1800

CBU105-008a.gif

The results for HOF 900 are pretty typical.  But, it would only kill T-55's due to the location where the munition opened.

The results for HOF 1800 not so much typical and much more varied.  The one I show above is probably better than average and it killed only T-55's.  Typically, the T-55 kills ranged from 5 to 8.  But, It would often kill other vehicles and infantry in addition, to a lesser degree.  Maybe, the kill count would include for lots of infantry or just one to three other vehicles.

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

I would concur that CBUs are once again hitting where intended but I would also agree they are not as effective as in the past.  Certainly nowhere near as effective “wide field” as they are in Wags’s video where CBU-105s were introduced for the Viper (regardless of HOF setting)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

• 1 year later...
On 10/31/2021 at 9:24 AM, Emmy said:

I would concur that CBUs are once again hitting where intended but I would also agree they are not as effective as in the past.  Certainly nowhere near as effective “wide field” as they are in Wags’s video where CBU-105s were introduced for the Viper (regardless of HOF setting)

Still way too effective. IRL most of the skeets simply miss their target (even if dropped in the right place). If it hits a soft vehicle it's likely to simply go through with minimal damage. Against armour it's noy going to penetrate the main armour of a main battle tank, though it could hit a hatch/enging cover etc. They would be pretty effective against light armour.