Bugs in SHKVAL

Doggy

Time to time it starts moving on its own and can not be stopped. Just cruising over the area (left/right/up/down). Things like turn it off and on, laser turn off/on, automatic tracking on/off nothing helps.

Just sometimes, when i decide to turn it off and fly a little to enjoy the flying, problem disappears with next shkval turn on.

I read something in RU forum and it seems to be a known bug.

Can someone competent confirm that?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C2D E4500@3GHz + Scythe Katana , 2GB/800, GF9600GT@720 (GV-NX96T512HP), Cyborg Evo, Freetrack (2.2), Samsung 20" @1680x1050, Fortron BSII 400W (peak 430W), Win7 HP x64

Sounds like a case of RTFM delinquency to me rather than a bug. ( <--- I am trying to be humorous!!! )

What did you do before it started doing this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

...just moving sensor to lock a target. Once the hat is released it continues to move in some direction. If it reaches max point in that direction, starts moving in another way.

If watching its moves on the map it draws something like rectangles. Just sensless moves.

If I'm pushing hat on the opposite direction in slows it down, stops and begin to move in my direction, however if I release the hat it returns to its own way

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C2D E4500@3GHz + Scythe Katana , 2GB/800, GF9600GT@720 (GV-NX96T512HP), Cyborg Evo, Freetrack (2.2), Samsung 20" @1680x1050, Fortron BSII 400W (peak 430W), Win7 HP x64

Sounds like you have some sort of controller setup issue/conflict, or you're turning the SHKVAL's auto-scan mode on inadvertently.

...just moving sensor to lock a target. Once the hat is released it continues to move in some direction. If it reaches max point in that direction, starts moving in another way.

If watching its moves on the map it draws something like rectangles. Just sensless moves.

If I'm pushing hat on the opposite direction in slows it down, stops and begin to move in my direction, however if I release the hat it returns to its own way

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Saitek X52? (or Pro?)...

Anyway, Saitek say that to stop the sticky button problem you need to add a key release stroke to the central position of the hat - this makes the problem go away. Guess it may be a similar issue for other sticks.

In the meantime, this is our first cautionary tale - try and keep the bugs accurate and not throw the term bug around unless you're 100% certain. Helicopters don't fly like fixedwings and this sim is clearly deeper than most - all adds up to plenty of "wtf?!" moments which means the sim is working as intended :)

r.

it continoues even if I unplug my joy. Right now I tried to reproduce it and have a luck. Please watch the trk file. Sorry for wobbly take-off :)

Firstly I was trying on the gound then in hover aaand suddenly it came again. When I open the door it is a signal that my hands are off of the stick and I'm going to unplug the stick. Then several times will resete the shkval...

SHKVALbug.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What stick are you using and how have you programmed it? If it's Saitek, then you are experiencing a known problem with the programming software.

Unplugging the stick has no effect since the driver software is running on your computer and sending the key stroke to BS....

It is also possible that you're activating the ground tracking mode of the shkval - but personally I'd guess at joystick programming first.

r.

Cyborg Evo (see my sign) I'm not using saitek's programing sw.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Prophet - Exactly. Program the center hat position to be the *release* of each of the slew keys (I think you program them as a macro and then delete the key presses and leave only the key releases).

Got rid of my problem with this and haven't had it reappear. I can't remember now where I found that but I think it was in the Saitek programmer help - probably an FAQ question.

When the “ЦУ” (Designate) [O] button on the Cyclic is pressed, the sensor is uncaged

from boresight and the system becomes gyro-stabilized on the point in the center of the display.

However it does not say that it's automatically switched to Inertial Tracking (“ПКС”) and moves it self as soon you move your stick. I would rather say it becomes gyro-stabilized on the point on the ground and not on the screen.

as it says here :

Inertial Tracking (“ПКС”) is enabled the first time you depress the “АВТ ЗАХВ” (Lock)

button on the Collective and range to target/point information is then provided. This data

is corrected by a summation of inertial and automatic tracking parameters. When Auto-

Tracking is disengaged, Inertial Tracking is disabled as well. Inertial Tracking allows the

pilot to slew the line of sight in a ground stabilized mode without having to continually

press the “АВТ ЗАХВ” (Lock) button. The sight slew rate depends on its inertial motion,

which is translated to you as unequal steering rates in different directions.

Which means it's always in inertial tracking if P or auto tracking is not switched other words it's moving constantly if you are banking or pitching yawing and it does not center itself automatically if you not reset memory by BACKSPACE or ground stabilizing it with locking target.

If

however contact is lost for over three seconds, Auto-Tracking is disabled (“ТА” cue

disappears) and the system automatically engages Inertial Tracking by utilizing data from

the onboard computers based on range to target, coordinates and helicopter movement.

Any way he is using Saitek Cyborg Evo which doesn't have sticky button problem if not using saitek software.

I'm using Thrustmaster Aft II no joy software, dead zones set and yes skhval is moving constantly even if not ground stabilized.

Edited by Maddog011

Well I watched the trk and took control while the shkval was dancing. It kept "dancing" once I had control, until I made a single shkval slew input (joystick or key) - then it stopped.

What does that mean? I'm not sure.

I think to get to the bottom you'll need to tell us how your stick is set up to control the shkval.

If you have axis based controls (rather than keypresses) then the movement would be consistent with spiking on the potentiometers in the stick - could be that.

r.

i am having a similar problem but with a LOGITECH 3D PRO...i can get into the air and fly around- lock up a target and everything is ok..for a few times...then out of the blue- the shkval sensor circle goes crazy and starts moving really fast by itself to the right....i reset the rensor- but it goes to the right by itself anyways...i slew the sensor to the left- but the circle still goes right...my SHKVAL SLEW controls are set to my joystick's HAT

any suggestions?

Maybe as a first step -

How about trying unmapping the Shkval from any controls not on your keyboard & see if it still moves to the right.

If not, it points to the stick being the cause. map the Shkval slew to some buttons on your stick & try that. If that's Ok re-map the hat switch to the slew controls. If it starts swinging to the right again, it's the hat switch.

Also - does it get to the right then change direction & go back to the left? If so try changing the angular scan rate for the Shkval auto scan. If that changes how fast your cursor moves to the right - you're probably inadvertantly activating the auto-scan, not suffering from a bug

Cheers.

i am having a similar problem but with a LOGITECH 3D PRO...i can get into the air and fly around- lock up a target and everything is ok..for a few times...then out of the blue- the shkval sensor circle goes crazy and starts moving really fast by itself to the right....i reset the rensor- but it goes to the right by itself anyways...i slew the sensor to the left- but the circle still goes right...my SHKVAL SLEW controls are set to my joystick's HAT

any suggestions?

And what i on the right? Maybe PVI point. Switch PVI computer to wayp. mode and then try enable Skhval.

LockOn SVK Squad bomber.

"Flight sim is not about to know everything about aircraft, but to know which button must be pressed in crucial time." - dead virtual pilot

I also did play my trk file again. If I take control while the shkval is going crazy I'm also able to stop it just by using my hat.

PVI points has nothing to do with it. I already check this several times. I did try maybe everything that is possible to find any reason why it is happening (including shkval winshield wiper, several times to make sure it is clean :) )

Seems I'm not alone with this experience. Raimir's described behaviour perfectly match what I'm seeing.

For some time I'm gonna use only keyboard to manage the SHKVAL. Let you know the results.

Thanks to all

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]