F4 view unable to move camera position on server track replay, works fine on single player or client replay

Hey all - I've tried searching the forums, but can't find exactly what I'm looking for in terms of an answer or solution. As a side note, I'd like to stay away from any "track / replay system is broken" because we all know there are issues.

Here's my setup of my mission and my testing, please let me know if I'm missing something.  I created a simple single player mission, F-14B (in ME set as "Player) approaching an AI MiG-23 head on about 10-12 miles out.  When I view the single player track, the F4 camera position view on the Tomcat is movable using the RShift + RCtrl and number pad, no problem. Summary = F4 movable view works, track replay not in sync

When I open the mission in ME, change from "Player" to "Client" and run the mission on a dedicated server (completely different PC), on the single player saved track on my "game" PC, the F4 movable view works, however again track replay not in sync.

Running the same mission, on a dedicated server, and opening the server's saved track - the F4 camera position adjustment does not work, but the replay is in sync.  Is it a bug, mis-config on my server, or how its supposed to work? I've attached the client side of the server mission, where camera position works, replay out of sync and the server side mission where camera position does not work, but it is in sync

Thank you!

server-20211025-123940.trk ClientSide_track_server-20211025-123846.trk

This is "normal" as in the issue exists for everybody. I don't consider it "normal" because camera controls should be the same regardless of client or server (or other clients). I assume the numpad camera controls are connected to cockpit views, and since servers/other clients can't access cockpit views, the cockpit view slew controls don't work. Why they use cockpit slew controls for a external views like F4 and F2, is anybody's guess.

Edited by Nealius

• 6 months later...

I am sad to report that the bug still persists in the latest OB. Any acknowledgement would be very much appreciated.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• 1 year later...

Still an issue.  I hope it gets fixed.  The F4 camera movement SOMETIMES works, and SOMETIMES doesn't with the same setup.  It really makes grabbing clips a pain.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]