HSI missing lubber line

Sn8ke
Go to solution Solved by Stuka,

2 hours ago, Stuka said:

Lubber line is visible to me:

image.png

Huh? I see a white CDI (Course Deviation Indicator) w/ a 2-bar left deviation set on a 314 radial. At the 12 and 6 o’clock position, you should see vertical white lines. If navigating via TACAN this is essential for precision navigation, especially on an instrument approach. Please see attached pics for further reference. 

60DB5CBC-B936-4F9B-9B50-E307AB255D6B.jpeg

F792D523-C6B6-4D28-971C-D538C037EB8A.jpeg

Edited by davidzill
  • Like 1

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, davidzill said:

Huh? I see a white CDI (Course Deviation Indicator) w/ a 2-bar left deviation set on a 314 radial. At the 12 and 6 o’clock position, you should see vertical white lines. If navigating via TACAN this is essential for precision navigation, especially on an instrument approach. Please see attached pics for further reference. 

I see lubber lines at the 12 and 6 o'clock positions:

image.png

@Stuka is talking about the black line painted on one of the glass face layers that floats in front of the HSI.  You can see it in front of the white course arrow head and tail.

There are white tick marks at the 12 and 6 o'clock position, but in DCS it looks the same as the other 6 tick marks around the compass, while in stock photos of the A-10, the 12 and 6 o'clock tick marks are extended compared to the others.   Fortunately for us, there is still a tick mark there, the black lubber line, the airplane symbol and general spatial orientation to tell you which way is up, so that inaccuracy is largely cosmetic.

Edited by jaylw314

27 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

I see lubber lines at the 12 and 6 o'clock positions:

image.png

@Stuka is talking about the black line painted on one of the glass face layers that floats in front of the HSI.  You can see it in front of the white course arrow head and tail.

There are white tick marks at the 12 and 6 o'clock position, but in DCS it looks the same as the other 6 tick marks around the compass, while in stock photos of the A-10, the 12 and 6 o'clock tick marks are extended compared to the others.   Fortunately for us, there is still a tick mark there, the black lubber line, the airplane symbol and general spatial orientation to tell you which way is up, so that inaccuracy is largely cosmetic.

I guess you are right! I just wish they were a big more obvious

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, davidzill said:

I guess you are right! I just wish they were a big more obvious

As far as I can tell from stock images, it looks like the 12 and 6 o'clock lines are actually painted on top of the glass and extend inwards a bit more to emphasize them.  I could see someone not being able to see the 12 o'clock one if their seat position was too high in the DCS A-10

Edited by jaylw314