Slava class cruiser (Moskva) doesn't give missile warning

@Flappie

Well, you're a luckier man than me and other players who are experiencing the same issue with F-15C, F-5 and tomcat (hornet seems to get the warning just fine).

Here's proof that I'm not making it up 😅 :
https://streamable.com/v3t3wf

I've also attached the test mission I'm using. 

It doesn't seem to be coalition related, since changing the coalitions of both Moskva and Eagle makes no difference. 

I don't know what's going on, but it's affecting a bunch of players, not just me. 

Btw, I've also tested with the Pyotr Velikiy and get no warning either, so it's not just limited to the Moskva. 

F-15C Moskva test.miz

PS: Using the latest OB, btw.  DCS 2.7.7.15038 Open Beta - 28.10.2021 
Also, I'm using a cockpit texture mod for the eagle, but it's not related to the issue (problem appears with the default cockpit as well)
I'll perform further testing with all kinds of ships, see the results I get.

Edited by Hardcard

Thanks for the movie and the new mission file. I'm now able to reproduce the issue.

I was not lucky, I was lazy : I chose to spawn very close to the ship. And this is what I just discovered: as soon as you get detected by the ship in a radius of 10 nm, the F-15C detects the tracking. Otherwise, the F-15C is deaf/blind.

I'll test all aircraft and then report. 👍

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I'm not entirely sure there's a trivial way to make it use a specific weapon, but it could be that it gives different warnings depending on which system it decides to employ — if sounds a bit like it gives warning if you're in Osa range, but not if you're within S-300F range.

I don't know enough about the system to really tell, but it could actually be reasonably accurate: it's a command-guided system with terminal homing so you wouldn't necessarily get any missile indication until just before it slams into you, if even then. A lot of DCS SAMs give off too much warning too soon for how they are really meant to operate, so it could easily be the case that, for whatever reason, the more advanced naval system's don't do that and really are more close to how they should work.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

I cannot reproduce the issue with the F-5E even though I spawned 45 nm away from the Mosvka.

I'll try the Tomcat now.

@TippisYou're probably right about the SA-8/SA-10 diffrerence in detection, I'll check this.

EDIT: yes, you're right! Only SA-10 are not detected, and the Moskva only sends SA-8 in a 10 nm radius.

Interestingly enough, the F-15C still detects ground based SA-10 missiles.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

@Tippis

Moskva and Piotr Velikiy don't give any kind of radar warning, not even in the terminal SARH phase. 

Also, hornet gets warning (I haven't tried with the viper yet), just like all DCS aircraft with RWR have always done. 

Also, it makes no sense that all ships equipped with anti-air missiles in DCS give warning to the affected aircraft, except for these four (Kuznetsov 2017 gives warning, while old Kuznetsov doesn't)

It all points to a bug.   

Edited by Hardcard

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/25/2022 at 10:36 PM, Reax178 said:

Still the same issue with the F14 RWR against the Pyotr Velikiy (latest Open Beta version), i don't get any warning from launch (65 nm) to impact.

Same here. Not fixed for 6 Months. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Deffo a thing with the B. I’ve been shot down multiple times with no warning until jester says “missile!” At which point it’s too late. 

I googled this to see if I needed to turn something on in the aircraft, imagine my surprise to discover it’s a bug that’s been around for nearly a year! Bit of a pain for us (pretend) naval aviators 😉

• Like 1