F/18 wing folding / Static payload (static and AI)

Stewart46660

+1.

Tried to find it by myself (i can place statics with canopy opened for example) and also created a thread about that months ago to see if anyone can help about editing but with no joy. I think it's not possible.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 11/12/2021 at 1:21 PM, fagulha said:

+1.

Tried to find it by myself (i can place statics with canopy opened for example) and also created a thread about that months ago to see if anyone can help about editing but with no joy. I think it's not possible.

What did you do manipulate the file?

Just now, Stewart46660 said:

What did you do manipulate the file?

Added these arguments to the .lua file:

custom_args = 
{
[38] = 0.911, --canopy
[323] = 1.0, --ladder
}

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2021 at 11:09 PM, fagulha said:

[38] = 0.911, --canopy
[323] = 1.0, --ladder

Can't you do the same with [8] ?

Interestingly enough, I remember placing a handful of them back in July, and they've spawned with their wings unfolded. When I load the same file now, they spawn with their wings folded. I haven't touched this file since July when this screenshot was taken:

z1.jpg

Dima | My DCS uploads

1 hour ago, Minsky said:

Can't you do the same with [8] ?

Interestingly enough, I remember placing a handful of them back in July, and they've spawned with their wings unfolded. When I load the same file now, they spawn with their wings folded. I haven't touched this file since July when this screenshot was taken:

z1.jpg

I remember struggling with argument for unfolded wings, at the time i couldn´t make it work (as stated in my previous post) and since then i didn´t touch any files. Sorry i couldn´t help you further. In meantime, if you get it to work feedback will be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

+1 please please

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

In theory you can - you can manipulate any argument which are animations - wings, canopy, dust covers, gear, etc. 
The problem is, you have to do it via liveries, so everyone on the servers has to have these liveries, and every variation of arguments is separate livery. Not very practical.

• 2 months later...