problems with new installation

ekfly

I don't "know" but at a guess that looks like it's trying to tell you there is a corrupt file or not enough disk space.

How big are the files you've got there, could be the download didn't quite finish....

To get someone to read the text and give you an accurate answer you'll need to have the Russian symbols - I don't think that is Russian writing on the dialog....

r.

I don't "know" but at a guess that looks like it's trying to tell you there is a corrupt file or not enough disk space.

How big are the files you've got there, could be the download didn't quite finish....

To get someone to read the text and give you an accurate answer you'll need to have the Russian symbols - I don't think that is Russian writing on the dialog....

r.

how do I get the russian symbols

first:

run the setup as administrator, from the looks of it you're trying to install in program files, which requires privilege elevation.

second (if running as administrator doesn't work):

go to start > control panel > regional and language options (assuming you have control panel's layout set to classic). click the administrative tab > change system locale > acknowledge the uac prompt > from the drop-down menu select russian (russia). click ok and reboot when prompted. re-run the setup (it'll now be in cyrillic instead of random characters) and post a screenshot of the error. be sure to set the system locale for non-unicode software back to its original setting so it wont mess up any other non-unicode software you may have.

edit:

ekfly> I mean the account that I have now has admin privileges

right click on setup.exe (or whatever the installer executable is called) and select run as administrator.

Edited by jamiroq

I have my own problem: When I try to run setup.exe (and yes: as administrator), My computer tries to "verify installer" while loading setup. Then it says that the "installer integrity check has failed". It tells me to visit http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error and I've tried all the suggestions there including the one about forcing an install regardless. My install goes through to about halfway and then I get an error that I cannot read. After that I am forced to cancel the installation... :(

As I said, it was downloaded multiple times on my computer as well as on other people's computers and then transfered to my own. Tried with both firefox and microsoft explorer. Obviously it's something specifically wrong with my computer and not the software, but I'm flummoxed as to what it could be...I would say that it was the software and not the computer, but every time I try to force the install it stops in a different place. Sometimes it goes nearly the whole way before giving me the error message...I just don't understand it...Very depressing...

As I said, it was downloaded multiple times on my computer as well as on other people's computers and then transfered to my own. Tried with both firefox and microsoft explorer. Obviously it's something specifically wrong with my computer and not the software, but I'm flummoxed as to what it could be...I would say that it was the software and not the computer, but every time I try to force the install it stops in a different place. Sometimes it goes nearly the whole way before giving me the error message...I just don't understand it...Very depressing...

Are you overclocking? Try up to date motherboard drivers? Scan your harddisk for bad sectors. Unplug all USB devices (i know this sounds silly but it has surprised me in the past) reboot and try again. try shutting down all unnecessary programs and background tasks too.

You will eventually get it to work, it's just that you will have to fiddle with it. it does sound like the files are corrupting somehow, you just have to find the reason. Are you transferring off a CD? Might have been burned too fast?

Good luck, it's always annoying when something like this happens.

Nate

I would try a scandisk for bad sectors, also get memtest and run that.

Many times memory and harddisk errors only crop up when working with large files.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit