TWS Auto Maxing Out Radar Elevation Bug Has Returned!

Hawkeye91

I managed to replicate it by having a target above me, manually increasing the elevation to find it in TWS MAN and one I make it the L&S, switch to TWS AUTO. The elevation jumped up above the target and it eventually timed out. It looked like TWS AUTO applied an adjustment to the elevation as if it it was starting from its default value, not the already manually adjusted one I had set. (let's say it should go to +15 and it already was at +12. Instead of adding +3, it still added +15, so it ended up at +27. Arbitrary numbers)

• Like 2

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, RoxSy said:

Could it be because you have an axis binded to the elevation ?

I mean, if the auto mode gets to the correct elevation by itself then it adds your axis input to it ?

Since IRL the command has a self center mechanism it isn't suppose to mechanically happen ...

I thought about this and TWS auto does not let you slew radar elevation in Auto mode. Also I don't have an axis bound, Its bound to buttons on my throttle. I even tried taking control of the track to see if I could manually set the elevation in auto, and it doesn't move.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye91 said:

I thought about this and TWS auto does not let you slew radar elevation in Auto mode. Also I don't have an axis bound, Its bound to buttons on my throttle. I even tried taking control of the track to see if I could manually set the elevation in auto, and it doesn't move.

I've been unable to reproduce it today. I also have my elevation axis mapped to two buttons, so no axis shenanigans there.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

17 hours ago, Harker said:

I've been unable to reproduce it today. I also have my elevation axis mapped to two buttons, so no axis shenanigans there.

Happens if you lost a track in auto, enter bias mode, fiddle with elevation to search and then aquire a new target. The radar will input some elevation on top of what was already applied by the pilot, which makes the radar go too high or too low.

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Could it be because you have an axis binded to the elevation ?
I mean, if the auto mode gets to the correct elevation by itself then it adds your axis input to it ?
Since IRL the command has a self center mechanism it isn't suppose to mechanically happen ...

Is there a known issue with using an axis for radar elevation? I use the axis on the Virpil throttle for radar elevation. Sometimes the radar goes full high without input and sometimes it does not. I have kept an eye on the issue and made sure that when it happens I have not accidentally moved the slider up, each time it happens the slider is in the middle position. To correct I have to move the axis lever to full high before I can get it to register any down movement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I confirm that this problem exist, I just noticed this yesterday evening during an intensive PVP BVR exercise. Sometimes happen also when you switch between ACM and TWS, but if you lock at a target in TWS and then switch to Auto the problem come in almost 1 of 3 engagements, I can't for now reproduce the exact scenario for this problem but If I find I'll tell you.

Thanks...

• Like 1

• ED Team

If you are able to reproduce in a short as possible track replay please attach it, thanks 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2