Project Lancaster

15 hours ago, Slippa said:

Nice one, tidy as ever, well done 🙂.

I daren’t ask for my Lanc yet, I’m sure there’s still work to be done and I don’t wanna push my luck 😄

Keep it up.

So at the moment we have just updated our whole physics model and the way it works, instead of using wing moments it now changes the angle of the chord of the wing which produces a more realistic set of flight characteristics and makes the adverse yaw feel less artificial, it also allows for more realistic wing stalls. Still needs testing and tuning but it feels like a Lancaster to me

Screen_240425_132659.png?ex=662c8286&is=
New favourite image of our lanc in game

• Like 9

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

Yeah, I can't see the pics on my computer or an iPad either. Now I'm sulking with Max :no: :no_sad:

I'll fire off a letter to Mr Internet right away, something's gotta be done about this unholy mess. Or perhaps it'll be fine soon, so no worries. 😉

... But wouldn't a video be nice? ... Who wants to see the wing stall judder? Yep, me too. Who wants to see landing trials? Yep :fear: Where's Brains? Where's Loki and Scooby? Yeah, thinking about it, we could usurp any letters to Mr Internet and just post a video, little bit of judder, some rippling tea (or coffee) have a bit of a walk around, peek at the tractor?

Ok, I'm calm, it's all gonna be fine, I'll get a cuppa.

On a serious note, sounds like a lot of changes happening, must be getting better. Work those fingers lads... Hold on, are these missing pictures a subliminal ad campaign by FuriousVoid? That we'd be furious about the 'picture void' and bang the drums of excitement so much that a Manchester as well as the Lanc just turned up in our hangars? No, maybe not. Ok, I'm calm, it's all good, I'll take some tablets and have a nice nap.

But for now, I'll wonder what those pictures were. And so will Max.😄

• Like 3

Maybe its a discord thing, I upload the photos to discord then insert the link to the photos so I can upload 4K screenshots and stuff larger than 55kb, Ill try again
Screen_240425_132659.png?ex=662e7cc6&is=

• Like 6

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

If that picture is not worth posting twice, I don't know what is

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Yep, all good on the iPad at least. 

Fine on Android and Windows too!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 4/26/2024 at 5:07 PM, Scoobyon said:

...it also allows for more realistic wing stalls.

Uh oh!

FWIW all image links, including GIF now kaput. Android phone. They were working when first posted (Windows PC, Chrome).

Per ardua...

Edited by Tonker
Sp!
  • Like 1

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly:

I was counting rivets 🙂.

I’m seeing, or not seeing different results with the iPad as I am with the Desktop. Neither are as they should be when it comes to images. This thread has pics missing all over it where they were fine before. Some other threads have pics or whatnot missing. Not sure if it’s something with the forum, file hosts or my stuff but there it is.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 1:04 AM, Scoobyon said:

Maybe its a discord thing, I upload the photos to discord then insert the link to the photos so I can upload 4K screenshots and stuff larger than 55kb, Ill try again
Screen_240425_132659.png?ex=662e7cc6&is=

I think I've just run into this picture thing? I can only upload 2.41mbs now apparently. Not sure how I should be upping pics on the forum really but maybe this is why the Lanc pics are gone?

Might be time for that landing competition video? (any excuse eh) 😀