Mission Editor

Frosties

When im building a mission, i seem to put vehicles on buildings and stuff and in slopes.

Is there a way to quickly jump in to the "sim" to check their positions?

example:

When im building an FARP i cant seem to be able to place the needed vehicle correct without jumping back and fort to make adjustments and thats booring ^^

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vincere Est Totum

guess i have to get over it :)

Moving on ...

FARP, how to get them working?

Ive placed the statit object : FARP

and i think i have all the nessecary vehicles on site.

Do i need to make some radio settings to be able to communicate with airport ground crew as well as FARP ground crew?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vincere Est Totum

Learn topography. Seriously...

The map in the editor dont have that good of a reading for slopes next to brides and stuff.. or have i missed some setting to change that?

To me the terrain is either green, light green or yellow.

Mountains and such bigger stuff are marked, but not the small stuff?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vincere Est Totum

Are you puting your in pit raido to ground comms. that is how to talk to them with the KA-50 running. Or do a shutdown and open the door to talk to the ground personal.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Well but he is right with what he is saying a 3d preview in the mission editor would be a nice addition. just to be able to zoom in and see textures and models of vehicles without having to load up the whole mission all the time

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

(and hopefully get reborn in DCS!)

(Dream came true about 10 years later, now the Apache please :lol:)

Are you puting your in pit raido to ground comms. that is how to talk to them with the KA-50 running. Or do a shutdown and open the door to talk to the ground personal.

ive entered my helicopter as 'takeoff from runway'. Engine running, ready for takeoff, havent really learned the radios yet.

Do i need to enter stuff there manually?

Can i change frequencies and such within my mission somewhere?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vincere Est Totum

actually you can talk to the ground crew if you move the radio communicator select switch (left panel close to the engine selector) into the right position (HON or something like that , no cyrillic here)

Also think the intercom needs to be switched on, on the right panel where the radio switches are (left of ejection seat arming)

Edited by Maverick-GER-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

The map in the editor dont have that good of a reading for slopes next to brides and stuff.. or have i missed some setting to change that?

To me the terrain is either green, light green or yellow.

Mountains and such bigger stuff are marked, but not the small stuff?!

Every hill that is placed in the map is marked. Every road, every forest, every bridge, every city..its all there. Its definately not a topographical map, but it comes close enough to discertain the terrain enough.

well it wouldnt have to be fully 3d but to zoom in, see the textures and see at least the actual vehicle from the top in the actual size, that would be a great improvement already

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

I agree with the idea that a 3D view in the editor for placement of objects would be a wonderful addition!!! Lets hope ED can add it in a patch or something soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind