P-47's nose is blocking the view during dogfight

brucewhf

Hi, have you noticed that the P-47's gunsight is too close to the nose so that the nose always blocks the view when you are pulling massive lead in order to fire on enemy (The enemy is always behind the nose so you cannot see it).

P-51 does not have this problem, the distance beteween gunsight and nose is much longer. This makes a huge difference during a dogfight, because in P-51 I can shoot from a longer distance with good accuracy.

P51's gunsight:

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 19.13.34.png

P47's gunsight:

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 19.11.47.png

Edited by brucewhf

• brucewhf changed the title to P-47's nose is blocking the view during dogfight

Well yeah. It's just the effect of the design. If the 47 didn't have a radial, you probably would have a better view over the nose. It's just how it is. 

The only thing you can do to weaken the effect of the radial infront of you is raise your head.

It is r ctrl r shift numpad up, i use it frequently. Main reason why spit and p47 has very bad forward view is fuel tank which is located between engine and cockpit, so pilot sits is far aft. In case of p47 pilot sits quite high so view is a bit better then in spit.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor