Ultrawide 49 in Gaming Monitor

I am considering purchasing a Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 Ultrawide 49 in gaming monitor. I submitted a request to DCS Support asking if DCS World would run OK on this monitor, and is yes, how to set the Resolution in the Options window. They referred me to this forum.

I am looking for anyone who may be able to answer these two questions?

Thank you in advance...

Kyran

I

Monitor.rtf

Hi,

Simply set your resolution in the game options to  5120x1440 via the dropdown.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

On 3/3/2022 at 11:09 AM, Kyran said:

I am considering purchasing a Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 Ultrawide 49 in gaming monitor. I submitted a request to DCS Support asking if DCS World would run OK on this monitor, and is yes, how to set the Resolution in the Options window. They referred me to this forum.

I am looking for anyone who may be able to answer these two questions?

Thank you in advance...

Kyran

I

Monitor.rtf 452 B · 8 downloads

Interested in buying the same monitor, as soon as You get it can You write Your impression here?
I'm interested in contact visibility (at the moment I must downgrade my 2k res to 1080p to see WWII contact at a decent distnace) and if the vertical visualization is sufficient or a bit too small.
Thx.

I use the Samsung 49” ultra widescreen with DCS, Prepar3D and Il-2 etc with no issues. IMHO 49” ultra widescreen with TrackIR is better than VR much better clarity and vision, however there is no 3D depth but I am willing to sacrifice that for the benefits. I also have the Cubesim 800 x 600 displays and everything runs fine

• Like 2

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

1 hour ago, Lynchsl62 said:

I use the Samsung 49” ultra widescreen with DCS, Prepar3D and Il-2 etc with no issues. IMHO 49” ultra widescreen with TrackIR is better than VR much better clarity and vision, however there is no 3D depth but I am willing to sacrifice that for the benefits. I also have the Cubesim 800 x 600 displays and everything runs fine

I'm thinking about buying this one:

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B08SW6P7CH/?coliid=I146500PI2978P&colid=NPEEOGQ7BYQT&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

or this one:

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07XYLST25/?coliid=I3KZ6WRVHB9FAA&colid=NPEEOGQ7BYQT&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

(not Ultrawide)

Any suggestion?

Thx.

On 3/11/2022 at 2:08 PM, Hunter Joker said:

At those prices, absolutely neither (pura follia!)...

Instead, I strongly suggest an OLED display, precisely the splendind LG OLED48C1, whichever version available. They periodically (in Italy) get discounted with prices that go lower than 1000 Euros (best offer is 899 Euros at the time of writing).

And there is nothing better than an OLED display.

Thank me later.

Ciao!

Edited by Picchio
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

OLED or QLED  . both great tvs . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

On 3/14/2022 at 6:12 PM, Picchio said:

At those prices, absolutely neither (pura follia!)...

Instead, I strongly suggest an OLED display, precisely the splendind LG OLED48C1, whichever version available. They periodically (in Italy) get discounted with prices that go lower than 1000 Euros (best offer is 899 Euros at the time of writing).

And there is nothing better than an OLED display.

Thank me later.

Ciao!

Ciao (sei italiano immagino),

Thx for the reply, I check for it and it's awesome....only two things I need to understand, it's stated that is Gsync and Free Sync compatible, but I didn't notice if it has a Display Port.

Second thing, it's stated to watch it at 2m that for a DCS cockpit is too far, actually I play at 50cm from my monitor (a 34") so it could be dangerous for the eyes?

Thx.

Bye.

5 hours ago, Hunter Joker said:

Ciao (sei italiano immagino),

Thx for the reply, I check for it and it's awesome....only two things I need to understand, it's stated that is Gsync and Free Sync compatible, but I didn't notice if it has a Display Port.

Second thing, it's stated to watch it at 2m that for a DCS cockpit is too far, actually I play at 50cm from my monitor (a 34") so it could be dangerous for the eyes?

Thx.

Bye.

Ciao, sì.

I'll answer in english - otherwise, if you prefer and if you need more details, feel free to PM me.

An OLED display is simply marvelous and one can't praise it enough.

To answer your questions: there is no DisplayPort, only HDMI 2.1 (at least for the model I specified, LG C1, which has a 120Hz panel with FreeSync VRR support and G-SYNC compatibility).

Regarding distance - with its size and pixel density in mind, I have been playing with it installed 50 cm in front of me. It takes some time to adjust to it. With this distance, a 90° FOV results in objects appearing at more or less their real-life size (which is vital, in my experience).

I haven't had any issues with eye fatigue, but of course YMMV.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The  Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 has had some bad reports with drivers issues andissies with setting the refresh rate.

If these issues have been ironed out then go for it.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2