Internet connectivity

• ED Team
Just now, HC_Official said:

Ah cool, so there are multiple ED login servers we can use to do this ? Just curious as there have been a few outages over the years that effected a lot of people

No longer is there a single point of failure ?

Still a single server. 
Any outages have been fixed very quickly in the past. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

19 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Still a single server. 
Any outages have been fixed very quickly in the past. 

Cost of operation vs. customer experience. OK, as long as one can use licensed products, all good. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

DCS needs to talk to the master server for authentication. 

A master server can be anywhere in the world. 

The master server can be anywhere in the world. 

fixed that

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

I have checked with the team, in the event of a block users will still be able to play.

Can you explain, please? I mean the case where the user did not use offline mode before, his country suddenly blocks internet, therefore his cellphone obviously has no internet connection either. How would that work? Afaik he'll be able to play only for 3 days since the last authentication - from then on free stuff only.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria